FIVE

THE NEXT MORNING, nancy woke up earlier than robin. she began collecting her clothes from around the room, putting them back on as she found them. she tried her best to be silent, but she made a little noise on accident. robin stirred in her sleep and eventually woke a few minutes later. she blinked to try to wake herself up, rubbing at her eyes to rub the sleep away.

"morning," robin said sleepily, still attempting to fully wake up.

"morning," nancy chirped.

"leaving me so soon?" robin teased, sitting up in bed.

"i wish i didn't have to. but, me and lorelai- my roommate- are going on a beach trip to hawaii. it was originally supposed to be for me and my ex, but we obviously broke up"

"you're going today?"

"well, we leave tomorrow. but i need to do last minute shopping and pack. and, i have to make sure lorelai is actually ready to go"

"how long are you going for?"

"a week," nancy sighed, sitting next to robin on the bed. "and it's going to be awful to have to be away from you for that long"

"you'll just miss my tongue and fingers"

"not true," nancy cupped robin's cheek with her hand, "i'll miss you. all of you"

"i'll miss you too"

nancy pulled robin to her and kissed her, trying to preserve this feeling. the feeling she'd be missing for a whole week.

"one more round before you go?" robin asked, and nancy nodded enthusiastically with a smirk on her face.

-

nancy put her keys in the door at her own apartment, unlocking the door. she stepped inside, her eyes immediately landing on lorelai.

"hey," nancy greeted, taking her shoes off and locking the door behind her.

"hey"

"you started packing yet?" nancy questioned, setting her purse down on the counter and digging through the fridge in the kitchen.

"so, about the trip... i can't go"

"what?!" nancy exclaimed, turning to face lorelai.

"i just got the work schedule, and they scheduled me tomorrow and in the next week even though i requested off! my manager's such a bitch"

"lorelai it's the day before we leave!"

"i know! i'm sorry, okay? my manager just sucks at getting the schedule out and actually caring about our lives outside of our job"

"i know, it's not your fault. i just.. i don't want to go alone!"

"find someone to come with you"

"who do you think will have no plans for an entire week and can drop everything last minute?"

lorelai sighed, running a hand through her hair. "i don't know, nance. call someone and ask. call that hot girl you just stayed the night with"