SIX

THE NEXT MORNING was a blur for both robin and nancy. they were still half-asleep when they arrived at the airport, and hadn't woken up much more by the time they got on the plane. robin sat in the window seat with nancy on her left, looking out the window as the plane took off.

"i'm so excited, i've never been to hawaii!" robin commented as she looked over at nancy, a wide grin on her face.

"i haven't either, i'm so excited to see how beautiful the view is"

"i'm sure it won't even come close to my view right now," robin flirted, still keeping her eyes on nancy.

nancy blushed, leaning up and giving robin a gentle kiss on her lips. nancy interlaced their fingers and laid her head on robin's shoulder. despite the cramped airport seats, she felt more comfortable than she had in her entire life.

nancy ended up slowly falling asleep, her head relaxing more into robin's shoulder with every breath. robin carefully glanced down at nancy and smiled to herself, even though she knew this meant she wouldn't be able to move a muscle until nancy awoke.

-

nancy and robin stepped out of the airport and into the humid hawaii air, making nancy certain that her hair wouldn't survive this trip without getting insanely frizzy every day.

they dragged their suitcases behind them to the bus stop, since that was the way they'd be getting to their resort. the bus trip was breathtaking- they managed to see the most gorgeous pink sunset over the beach, giving them a sneak peek of what the next week would look like.

they got off the bus at their stop, which was only down the road from their resort. they walked the rest of the way, taking in all of the beautiful sights around them.

when they arrived at the hotel, it looked even prettier than in the pictures. it was decorated with beach-themed decor, and had multiple chandeliers hanging from various places on the ceiling.

robin followed nancy to the front desk, looking around her surroundings in awe. she was so focused on looking at every detail that she completely drained out the conversation between nancy and the lady at the desk. the only thing that brought her back into reality was nancy pulling on robin's hand to indicate it was time for them to find their room.

when they reached their home for the next week, nancy used the keycard to unlock the door and swung it open. this revealed their suite, and it was gorgeous.

it was a large room with hibiscus petals- hawaii's state flower- leading to one heart-shaped bed in the center. the rest of the room has paintings, a full kitchen and living room area, a television, various dressers and drawers, and more. the best part about the room was the double glass doors that led to the balcony. from the balcony, you could not only see the infinity pool, but also the beach.

"this is the nicest place i've ever been at," robin commented, looking around the room.

"me too," nancy replied, "i'm obsessed with the view outside"

nancy opened the balcony doors and stepped outside, leaning on the railing and looking at the sight in front of her. robin accompanied her and leaned on the railing as well, enjoying the smell of the ocean hitting her face.

"i'm really glad you came with me," nancy smiled, looking at the girl next to her and wrapping one of her arms around robin's waist.

"i'm really glad you invited me"

"well, you were my only option," nancy teased, a playful smile on her face.

"oh, shut up," robin playfully rolled her eyes.

"you already know how to make that happen"

robin pulled nancy in for a kiss, wrapping her arms around her neck to keep her close.

"now, how about a late night beach trip?" nancy smiled, and robin eagerly nodded.

-

robin and nancy arrived at the beach about twenty minutes later, stepping on the warm sand beneath them. they walked closer to the water shore, standing a few feet away from where the waves rolled up. even in the dark, both girls could tell how breathtaking the beach was. the water was completely clear, and it was mesmerizing to watch the waves roll in.

"wow, it really is unreal out here," nancy commented, looking down each side of the beach and out to the depths of the ocean.

robin laid out their towels a bit further back from the water, using things from their bag to keep each corner from blowing in the wind. "it is"

"i can't help it anymore, i'm getting in," nancy stated as she stepped into the water, continuing to walk until it got to stomach level.

"how's the water?" robin asked as she walked back to the edge.

"feels great!" nancy replied, "get in!"

robin stepped in as well, going towards nancy.

"i haven't ever been to a beach before, i like it"

"you haven't been to a beach before?" nancy questioned in shock, her mouth hanging open.

"well, indiana doesn't have any real ones. my mom never took me to any of the manmade ones. we never really went on any vacations"

"yeah, that makes sense," nancy nodded, looking around their surroundings once again. "i want to live by a beach when i get older so i can go anytime i want"

"that sounds like a good plan. i mean, i'd love to be around this every day"

"me too"

they swam around for a bit and splashed each other, playing games in the water. robin was having a great time on her first beach trip, although she kept getting paranoid and checking underneath her for sharks.

after a while, they decided they should probably start heading back home. they had many things planned for tomorrow, and it would be best to get a good amount of sleep.

but nancy wanted to take advantage of the empty beach while it was there, so she pulled robin in for a kiss before they got out. robin kissed nancy passionately, wrapping her arms around nancy's waist. nancy put her hands in robin's wet hair, combing through it as their lips moved in sync.

it was definitely the perfect start to their trip.