13 - The Unexpected Surprise - SJ

Name: Lea Kayle Johansson

Age: 16

Parents: Scarlett Johansson
Siblings: Rose

Plot summary: a surpise

Hope you like it <3

1010 Words :) (not spellchecked, sorry)
TW: X
_______
_._._._._

I'm sixteen now, and life feels like a whirlwind. Between school, friends, and figuring out what I want to do with my future, it's easy to feel overwhelmed. But today is special. Today, Mama is coming home early from a shoot in New York, and she's promised a surprise. I can't wait to see her and find out what it is.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table, attempting to finish my homework, but my mind keeps wandering. I glance at the clock for the hundredth time. Mama should be here any minute now. Rose, my little sister, is bouncing around the living room, her excitement mirroring mine.

"Lea, do you think the surprise is a puppy?" Rose asks, her eyes wide with anticipation.

I laugh, shaking my head. "I don't know, Rose. Knowing Mama, it could be anything."

Just as I say that, the front door swings open, and there she is, looking as glamorous as ever, despite the long flight. Her smile lights up the room.

"Mama!" Rose and I shout in unison, rushing to hug her.

She drops her bags and embraces us, laughing. "My girls! I've missed you both so much!"

"We missed you too, Mama," I say, feeling the familiar warmth of her hug.

Mama pulls back and looks at us with a twinkle in her eye. "Are you ready for your surprise?"

Rose and I nod eagerly.

"Alright, let's go to the living room," Mama says, leading the way.

We follow her, curiosity bubbling inside me. What could it be? A trip? A special gift? My mind races with possibilities.

Mama sits us down on the couch and takes a deep breath. "I've been working on something very exciting," she begins. "And I couldn't wait to share it with you both."

She pulls out a small envelope from her bag and hands it to me. I exchange a puzzled glance with Rose before carefully opening it. Inside are two tickets to a music festival I've been dying to attend.

"No way!" I gasp. "Mama, these are for the Summer Soundwave Festival! How did you get these?"

Mama grins. "I have my ways. I knew how much you wanted to go, so I pulled a few strings. And Rose, you get to come too! There's a special kids' area with lots of fun activities."

Rose squeals with delight, and I can't help but join her excitement. "This is amazing, Mama! Thank you so much!"

Mama laughs and hugs us again. "You're welcome, my loves. I thought it would be a fun way for us to spend time together. Plus, I know how much you love music, Lea."

Music has always been my escape, my passion. I play the guitar and write songs whenever I can, and this festival features some of my favorite artists. I can't believe Mama did this for us.

As we settle back into our routine, the anticipation of the festival keeps me going. Days turn into weeks, and soon it's the night before the big event. I can hardly sleep, my mind buzzing with excitement.

Finally, the day arrives. We pack a picnic and head to the festival grounds early to get a good spot. The atmosphere is electric, with people milling around, the scent of food trucks filling the air, and the distant sound of a band warming up.

Rose tugs at Mama's hand, pointing to the kids' area. "Can I go, Mama?"

"Of course, sweetheart," Mama says, handing her a small bag of snacks. "Stay where I can see you, okay?"

Rose nods enthusiastically and runs off to join the other kids. Mama and I find a spot near the main stage and spread out our blanket. The first band starts playing, and I'm instantly lost in the music, feeling the beat thrumming through my body.

Mama watches me with a smile, her eyes full of pride. "You know, Lea, I used to dream of being a singer when I was your age."

"Really?" I ask, surprised. "Why didn't you pursue it?"

She shrugs, a wistful look in her eyes. "Life took me in a different direction. But seeing you so passionate about music makes me happy. I want you to follow your dreams, wherever they may lead."

Her words resonate with me. Mama has always been my biggest supporter, encouraging me to chase my passions. I feel a surge of determination. I want to make her proud.

The day passes in a blur of music and laughter. Rose comes back with her face painted like a butterfly, and we dance together to our favorite songs. As the sun sets and the final act takes the stage, I feel a sense of contentment wash over me.

Mama wraps her arm around my shoulders. "Having fun, my little star?"

"The best," I say, leaning into her. "Thank you, Mama. This means the world to me."

She kisses the top of my head. "You're welcome, Lea. Remember, I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

As the final notes of the concert fade into the night, I look up at the stars, feeling a sense of peace. I know that whatever the future holds, with Mama by my side, I can face anything.

Later, back at home, we're all exhausted but happy. Mama tucks Rose into bed, then comes to my room. She sits on the edge of my bed, brushing a strand of hair from my face.

"Did you have a good time today?" she asks softly.

"The best time," I reply, smiling up at her. "I can't believe you did all this for us."

"You deserve it, Lea. You and Rose mean everything to me," she says, her eyes glistening with love.

I reach out and hug her. "I love you, Mama. Thank you for always being there for us."

"I love you too, my little star," she whispers, holding me tight.

As I drift off to sleep, I think about the day's events and the love that surrounds me. No matter what challenges come our way, I know we'll face them together, as a family. And that's the greatest gift of all.

_______
_._._._._

Published July 7th, 2024