Chapter 1

The city of Candon was already buzzing with activity by the time I left the house. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the gentle hum of the household staff preparing for the day greeted me as I descended the grand staircase of our home. Despite the early hour, my parents had already left for their respective businesses, leaving the house in a state of organized bustle.

I grabbed a piece of toast from the breakfast spread laid out by our cook, Marina, and hurried out the door. My driver, Mang Tony, was waiting by the car, ready to take me to school. As the eldest daughter of the successful Alcazar's, my life was a blend of privilege and high expectations. 

When I walked in to the Press Room, I saw my members setting up. Kaden's already sitting at the studio practicing his grip, Asher and Hugo fixing the wires, Lara arranging my script, and, 

"Where's Kenzie?" I asked. 

Hugo winced as if troubled and cleared his throat. "On the way na yata." 

I pulled my chair out and sat as I set my timer. "Walkie talkie, please." 

Lara handed me one. "Ako na'ng titingin sa sounds ng second floor. Nasa third floor si Lewis," 

"Si Milton sa fourth floor?" I interrupted.

"Yup!" 

I nodded and turned my radio on. "Check the audio from each floor. If it keeps getting disconnected, sabihin niyo agad so I could check the cables." 

"Scar, two minutes before seven forty." Asher informed. 

I looked at Kaden, quickly setting up the soundboard and signaled that the the microphones are open. He gave me a light nod and smiled. "The broadcast is starting." 

I looked at my timer and shook my head, massaging the bridge of my nose as I watch it become almost fifteen minutes. 

"All students should take their seats."

After turning the pan control down, Kaden stood and went out. "Can someone tidy the wires, please?" 

Hugo went in. "Thanks, Hugo!" Kaden gave him a smile before sitting beside me. 

"Yung script ni Soler, wala pa. Anong oras na." I started, letting out a sigh. Then the door opened, showing Lewis, Milton, Lara, and finally, 

"Late ka. Sixteen minutes and nine seconds."

"May-" 

"Accidente lang 'yan kung 5 seconds ka lang na late." I interrupted, lending her my arm—asking for the script. 

Then the principal went in, along with our adviser. I stood, acknowledging their presence and gave Mrs. Buendía their script basis. 

"Kumusta 'yung sounds sa taas?" Tanong ko kay Milton. 

He stopped arranging the wires and stared at me a little before giving his response. "Okay lang, pero nasasapawan ng hangin kaninang paalis na ako kaya lakasan mo na lang ng konti." 

I smiled, turned to lean at the microphone and announced that the broadcast will start within three seconds. 

Mr. Soler gave me a thumbs up and started when he saw my fist. "Hello, students of Candon High school! This is your principal, Alexandro Soler, with an important announcement as we return from our vacation." 

"Binabasa niya?" I asked Kaden, amused. 

"Oo," he gave me a grin. "Well, I'd be offended if he won't?" 

"For real?" I stabled the panels before leaning back on my chair. "Ikaw gumawa no'n?" 

"Si Kenzie at Asher, binasa ko lang kagabi. Maganda naman—yata." he laughed.