Chapter 7

Two weeks after the argument is our penultimate exam. 

A Thursday. 

I don't think about anything except my exams for the entire week. Well, except the fact that I can't remember the last time I spent a day away from Tyrone, let alone two entire weeks. God. Do I need to start trying to get over this? 

Because I have no idea how people do that. Tyrone is the best and most important person I have ever met.

Before I left.

I left the debate. 

Without any doubt, I did. And it was the biggest decision I've ever made my entire life. 

Skylar did, however replaced me as their first speaker. Tyrone remained as the Deputy, Travis as their Whip, and I don't know who replaced Skylar as the Reply. 

I don't know what she did for that to possibly happen, but whatever the reason is, it does not concern me anymore as long as I fulfil my duty as an ALPAS Elite. 

"The Central Dogma of Biology explains the flow of genetic information from DNA to RNA to make a functional product in the form of protein."

My neck stiffened, my eye focused on the board while my hand writes. 

"Bakit siya tinawag na dogma?" our teacher asked, smiling as if something has came up with her mind. "Hindi niyo alam?" she asked, amused. "Kasi hindi siya dogpapa." 

Oh god. 

The room was filled with laughter. I was smiling, watching them laugh but my smile faded when my eye landed on the first table, his direction and saw him watching my reaction. 

I cleared my throat and scribbled on my scratch paper, scanning through my notes and summarized everything just to avoid having a contact with him. 

Last period is a free period, but I sticked to my permanent chair. I keep looking at Arce, who's working in another table, but she doesn't look at me. Haden is also there. She'd probably stay on her phone for the entire hour.

It was late in the afternoon, it's raining outside so we weren't sure if it really is a free period or the Teacher was just having a trouble getting in to our room. Others are having their own businesses, some are finishing their Physics seatwork, some getting their hands wet by the rain, and some slept above the table and the cabinets placed in the corner of the room, some even laid on the straight laboratory sink with all the lights closed. 

I looked at the last table. Deacon was by himself focusing on the Physics seatwork that he'd pass at the Science Department after our dismissal, or after he finish as long as we won't have a teacher to attend our last class. 

I smiled to myself, feeling his determination and was about to sleep when he called my name. "Scar!" 

I turned to look at him. "Ano?" 

"Patulong ako 'san." he scratched his head, and as I can tell, he's losing his patience. 

Well, mind you. I was the first one to finish, the one who got complimented its work, and had the neatest paper. 

I took my phone with me and went to his table. I stood behind him, leaning my right elbow on to his side, helping him to straighten the ruler. "Ano 'yan?!" I hissed. "Gumagamit ka na nga ng ruler, barekkeng pa!" 

"Eh 'di sorry kung madilim, ha?" 

I looked at our surrounding, and none of them stayed at the back- or in our side. "Chase!" I called.

He looked at me, and I offered him a smile. "Pa open naman ng ilaw dito sa likod. Thank you!"

I looked at his paper. "Saan na 'yan?"