Chapter 3

The shrill alarm shattered the peaceful silence of my room, dragging me from the depths of a dream I could no longer remember. Groaning, I rolled over and slapped the snooze button, wishing for just a few more minutes of sleep. But the sunlight streaming through the curtains had other plans, and I reluctantly pushed myself out of bed.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned, stretching my arms above my head before shuffling to the bathroom. The cold water on my face was a harsh but necessary wake-up call. With a quick glance in the mirror to smooth down my bed hair, I trudged downstairs, following the comforting aroma of freshly brewed coffee and sizzling bacon.

As I approached the dining room, the indistinct chatter of my parents grew louder, their voices blending into a familiar morning symphony. I paused for a moment outside the door, savoring the warmth and normalcy of home.

"He's got everyone in his pocket. It's just not fair," my mom stated, her voice laced with worry.

I paused at the entrance, curiosity piqued. But as soon as I stepped into the room, their conversation ceased abruptly. Their faces etched with frustration exchanged a quick, almost guilty glance.

"Good morning," I greeted, sliding into my usual seat.

My parents looked up, their expressions softening slightly.

"Morning, sweetheart," my mom said, offering a strained smile. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, fine," I replied, though my attention was already diverted back to their conversation. "What's going on?"

My dad sighed heavily. "Just some..."

"Oh, nothing important," my mom said quickly, waving her hand dismissively. "Just adult stuff."

"Yeah, don't worry about it. How's school going?" my dad asked, his tone too bright, too eager to change the subject.

I frowned, the shift in conversation too obvious to ignore. But I let it go, for now. "It's fine, I guess. Same old, same old."

As we ate breakfast, my mind wandered back to their hushed conversation. Whatever it was, it sounded serious. And I had a feeling it wasn't something they could keep hidden for long.

The car ride to school was routine, with the morning sun casting a golden glow on the familiar streets, passing by in a blur of houses, trees, and morning commuters. Stepping out onto the bustling campus, I felt the usual blend of anticipation and slight dread that accompanied each school day. Students clustered in small groups, sharing vacation stories and laughing over inside jokes.

Stepping into the press room, my heart sank at the sight before me. Broadcasting equipment lay scattered across tables and chairs in utter disarray. Microphones were carelessly strewn next to mixing boards, tripods leaned precariously against each other, and a nest of tangled cables sprawled across the floor like a chaotic spider's web.

"What the hell?" 

Who the hell... 

Things were organized before I left! 

I- 

I yanked my hair and placed my bag at the sofa, scanning the room, tracing if a thief just barged in and took our expensive equipment's, but no. None of them was taken away from their places. And I wish none of these was real... 

I took my phone and captured every corned in the room. Thankful, that somehow, they left the studio clean. But what the hell?

With a deep breath, I pushed aside my annoyance and began methodically sorting through the mess. Carefully untangling the cables, I inspected each microphone and camera for any signs of mishandling or damage.