Chapter 6

Saturday here at the Bacarra Sports Complex, the energy was much more intense. The weekend crowd was larger, louder, and more animated, turning the stands into a lively sea of enthusiasm.

On the field, the players were on fire, feeding off the crowd's energy. Their quick passes and strategic moves had everyone roaring in approval. Every goal attempt had the entire stadium holding its breath, followed by a wave of gasps and cheers that echoed all around.

The sun was blazing, its warmth a constant presence. A gentle breeze brought the sounds of laughter and chatter, along with the occasional vendor shouting about snacks. The mix of fresh grass and popcorn scents was oddly comforting, even if I wasn't thrilled to be here.

As I watched the game, I couldn't ignore the tension in the air. The intense focus of the fans and the fierce determination of the players created a charged atmosphere. 

It is my first time at a soccer game. If only Tyrone didn't forced me to come, I wouldn't have experienced this crowd full of- I don't know. 

I don't even know where that man is. I don't know if- if he didn't know where to find me in this crowd, on which side he would start looking for me, or if they are having a warm up with the team. 

I looked at the field. The defenders, swift and resolute, intercepted passes and thwarted attacks with well-timed tackles. Midfielders orchestrated the flow of play, threading through the opposition's defense with pinpoint accuracy.

The crowd's reactions ebbed and flowed with each near-miss and daring save. A shot rocketed towards the goal, only to be deflected by a spectacular dive from the goalkeeper, eliciting roars of approval from the stands. Moments later, a perfectly brought counterattack sent the ball soaring into the opponent's penalty area, where a forward leaped gracefully to head it past the outstretched arms of the goalkeeper.

As the ball hit the back of the net, the stadium erupted into a cacophony of jubilation. Flags waved wildly, scarves twirled in the air, and fans hugged in celebration. On the field, teammates rushed towards the goal scorer, their faces alight with joy.

Is the game already finished?  I asked myself, looking around, then spotted him looking at me with a big grin plastered on his face. 

He pulled me up. "Tara sa taas." he stated and pulled me to the stairs. We went to the highest bench. The view of the whole complex visible on our sight. 

He urged me to sit. "Sorry, katatapos ng warm up"

I nodded. "Kita ko nga." I replied watching him being conscious with his smell. "Dumiretso ka agad dito?"

"Siyempre, you got to fulfil your promise, you know. So, I went to find your soul in this crowd." he said, wiping the sweats from his arm. 

"Pa'no mo nalaman na andito ako?" I asked, curious. 

He chuckled. "Ditong side ako dinala ng paa ko eh. Sakto, nasa baba ka."

I nod and looked at my watch. 

"What is it? May lakad ka?" he asked, facing me. 

"Wala. Tinitignan ko lang kung ilang oras pa bago ako uuwi." 

He nodded. "After niyang game, championship na ang sunod." 

I looked at him questioningly. "Paano kayo?" 

"Tapos na kami kahapon." 

"Huh?" 

"Hindi na kita pinapunta kahapon para naman makapag pahinga ka. Kaya sabi ko na sa championship na lang, baka sakaling makuha namin. Makuha ko." he explained, his hand placed on his nape.