Chapter 13

I pointed at myself taken aback. "Me?" 

He smiled. "You."

"Me?" 

"You." 

"Me, what?" I asked, confused. 

"Fall in love with you who..." he trailed off. 

I stopped to clearly look at him. "Me, who?" 

"You who fixed this chaotic mind." 

A moment of silence hung between us.  I looked around feeling the weight of his words, and saw students watching us.

I took a step closer to him, my heart pounding. "I didn't know I did that."

He reached out, gently taking my hand. "You did. You brought clarity where there was confusion, peace where there was chaos. You don't even realize how much you've changed my life."

"Did I?" 

He nodded. "And you were there," he said softly. "More than anyone ever has been. You saw me when I felt invisible, understood me when I couldn't even understand myself."

He stepped closer, his eyes never leaving mine. "You have this incredible ability to see the good in people, to bring out the best in them. You've done that for me. You've made me want to be better, to be worthy of you."

I gulped. "I don't know what to say." Because that was honestly the one I've felt toward him, too. 

Does this mean, that what we're feeling for each other are mutuals? 

No. It cannot be. 

"You don't have to say anything," he whispered, his voice full of sincerity. "Just know that I love you, and I can't imagine my life without you."

I shook my head, pulling my hand from his'. "No." 

"Skye," 

"No." I interrupted, shaking my head. "You don't understand."

He looked puzzled, his brow furrowing. "What don't I understand?"

I took a step back, my heart racing. "This isn't how it's supposed to be. You can't just say things like that."

"Why not?" he asked, his voice tinged with hurt. "Why can't I tell you how I feel?"

He cannot just say that out of nowhere. We've been only together for almost, two months now—or was it? I don't know. Time flies. I wasn't even aware how long we've been together. But one thing I know for sure is that, he cannot be dependent on me. 

He shall not be.

Not when we'll be cutting ties after getting the benefits we'll take from each other. 

Not when we'll be graduating months from now and would part ways. 

"Find someone else." I smiled, locking on to his eyes. 

He reached out, but I took another step back. "Why are you like this all of a sudden?" 

I wrapped my arms around myself, feeling the weight of his words like a heavy burden. "I can't be everything you need." 

"Skye, it's not that-"

"No. Just no, Sev." 

I saw him gulp, his Adam's apple bobbing visibly. A look of sadness crossed his eyes for a fleeting moment before he composed himself, his features hardening slightly as he struggled to find the right words. "Tyrone, please."

I shook my head and sighed. "I'll check the press room." 

He gave me a light nod and he watched me take my step.