| chapter o.8 |

❟❛❟ CHAPTER EIGHT ❟❛❟

"What's wrong with Kacchan?" Midoriya's small whisper in the common room prompted Akame, who was nearby, to turn to Bakugou. The said teen had just come out of the bathroom area. He looks fine. And he's still as loud as ever when provoked, of course.

Akame frowned. There were faint dark circles beneath his eyes. His body looked stiffer than usual as if he was trying to maintain consciousness. And his breathing felt heavier... like there was a heavy weight on his shoulders.

The person being talked about left the dormitory wearing a plain black sleeveless t-shirt with matching black shorts, allowing the cold wind to touch his skin. Not realizing that there was a pair of eyes watching him. He needs a breather. His mind was filled with disturbing voices, and he needed the night breeze to silence them.

There was a sound of footsteps. Bakugou looked to the side, sensing the presence of someone beside him. That's Akame. The girl wore short, cropped gray pajamas that exposed her belly and a matching outer layer. Her hair was tied into a single braid and draped to the front, giving the girl a feminine appearance.

What did she want?

Akame tilted her head.  "Bakugou, want to spar with me?"

"Huh?"

Had he misheard?

"You look like you need it," Akame's voice cut through the air, her crimson eyes blossoming like a dark flower. Bakugou was so focused on the change in her eyes that he didn't notice his body being sucked in.

The feeling of being 'sucked in' seemed to remind him of something unpleasant that Bakugou had experienced. It only lasted a split second, and he found himself standing in a place he knew all too well.

A bar. Oh, Bakugou clearly recognizes this bar. This is the same bar where he was kidnapped.

ᶜˡⁱⁿᵍ!

He looked down in shock. Both of his hands had been bound with anti-quirk handcuffs. And he was bound to a chair. Bakugou checked his clothes; he was still wearing his sleeveless t-shirt.

It's not a dream, so... Akame, you fucker! I can't believe you're one of them!!

"Bakugou Katsuki..."

The raspy voice sliced through Bakugou's consciousness —a haunting echo that had plagued him for weeks. Bakugou went into a panic. His breath faltered, irregular like a broken rhythm. His heart was racing so fast he was afraid they'd fall out. And warning signs blared in his mind, sirens wailing so loud that he became dizzy.