A Sinner

Rimuru POV

After getting attacked by Dottore. I woke up after what felt like hours in a strange dimension filled with darkness, strange monsters, a weird barren landscape and a guy with green hair and three swords, so with no other option I decided to explore the area in hopes of a way out.

Wandering this place, I saw different structures which had a weird looking symbol on them, a symbol of the Abyss.

As I kept looking for a way out, I started thinking back to what had happened. "That Dottore person caught me off guard. I've been too relaxed during my time in this world, considering it's supposed to be my vacation" I mutter in annoyance.

After some more hours of wandering, I noticed something following me, a creature with a bloodthirsty presence. I then launched an Anemo slash directly behind me to kill it.

My attack landed on the Creature that was following me, and hearing it was no longer moving, I casually walked up to its corpse to see what it was.

"A Rifthound huh.." I muttered as I touched its corpse, feeling it's rock hard skin. "I heard about these from Lisa, she said someone named "Gold" created them, I thought they'd be stronger by how she praised them"

I continued roaming the Abyss, when suddenly I saw a giant fortress or castle-like structure, however unlike the other structures I saw, this one had purple light flowing out of it along with its design being slightly different, and having nowhere else to go, I went in there.

"This world operates on a much weaker power scale compared to other universes, let alone the Cardinal world" I continued thinking on why I became so relaxed during my time in this world, as I explored inside this Abyss Structure.

"...!" I pause, noticing something shining in the distance, "Maybe a way out of the Abyss..."  I walked towards it, My footsteps were audible as it was quiet.

"Maybe the recent times of peace back home made me too complacent. *Sigh* No point thinking about it now. I'll beat that guy up later." Sighing, I moved towards the light, hoping for a way out of here.

My eyes widen slightly as I see a strange purple crystal, chained up in a room.

"I hear a voice calling me to it..." And as I reached out to touch it, a voice echoed in my mind, "The God of Void... A person truly worthy of the power of the Abyss..."

I kept my hand on the purple crystal, not flinching or being scared of the voice. "What are you? How do you know I'm a God? And why grant me that power?" I questioned this thing quickly, wary of it being an enemy "If this is from the Abyss- ..I don't trust it" I thought to myself on guard of it.

"I am but a Sinner. I learned of you through my followers, but that is unimportant. As for why... you shall find out in due time.." the entity, now known as the Sinner, spoke in my mind.

"Followers? As in the abyss mages..?" I spoke to myself as I realized this was probably some type of leader for the Abyss. "Only the Fatui knows about me being a God, did the Abyss also spy on me..?" "Do you think you'll convince me to get me on your side just because you granted me some power?" I questioned this thing again, "If it wants me to help them, forget it" I thought to myself, annoyed as the Abyss's goals included the destruction of the nations of Teyvat.

The purple crystal spoke in my mind once more "Convincing you?.., That is something not needed. You'll understand our motivations soon.. This is just a gesture of good will.. Join us or not, It is your choice.."

"Gesture of goodwill.. Why? Does it want to get on my good side because it knows how strong I am?" I thought to myself as a purple light suddenly enveloped me, filling me with a new power. "Abyssal Power.."

I clench my fists as I feel the Abyssal magic coursing through me "With this.., I can get out of here." I thought, and as I looked up again to thank the glowing crystal "Ah well.. Thank you for helping m-" I stopped mid-sentence, realizing it had vanished.

"At least let me thank you..." Disappointed, I turn my head away. "Time to get out of here. Hopefully, Aether and the others are alright." I spoke to myself.

"But what do they mean I'll understand their motivations... *sigh* Curse me for limiting my brain processing speed when I sealed my powers too."

After being annoyed about not knowing why the reason for the Abyss's goals, I turn my focus on more important matters as I raise my hand, letting abyssal magic surround it. "Come on... work," I mutter. Slowly, the space in front of me began to tear apart, forming a portal. The purple light from it illuminating my face.

"Jean is probably going to question me for ages about where I went..." I sigh softly. Then, without further hesitation, I jumped into the portal.

                    ---------------------------

Don't blame me for the late chapter. I'm lazy. It's my personality trait. Anyways Join my discord server, the link is in my profile.