Rite of Decension?

After escaping from the Abyss by making a portal, I took a deep breath, feeling the fresh air of Teyvat fill my lungs. The Abyss had been a nightmarish place (Mostly because I was starving there). And after taking in the fresh air, I went to the Knights of Favonius headquarters, to explain my disappearance to Jean.

                  -----------------------------
Third Person Pov

Rimuru opened the door to Jean’s office, taking in the sight of her desk piled high with paperwork, a giant jug of coffee beside her, and Jean herself frantically working through the documents.

"Jean," Rimuru called out.

Jean yelped at the sudden interruption. "Ahh! Who's there?" She looked up from her paperwork, her eyes widening in surprise. "Rimuru? Where were you?! Aether and Bar- Ahem, Venti got attacked by the Fatui," Jean hastily explained, catching herself before she almost called Venti by his true name, Barbatos.

Rimuru's eyes narrowed. "Venti and Aether got attacked? Maybe that’s also why Dottore sent me to the Abyss. What motivated the Fatui to attack both of them?" Rimuru decided to check on Venti and Aether later but was more concerned about why they were attacked. "Jean, what exactly happened while I was not here?"

Jean sighed, recounting the recent events: Venti and Aether being attacked, Signora's involvement, how both of them didn’t suffer any serious injuries, and the delicate situation with the Fatui.

"So that's why the Fatui kidnapped me," Rimuru blurted out, realizing that the Fatui might have kidnapped him not only for their "experiment" but to create an opportunity for Signora to attack. "Are they cautious of me..?"

Jean sat there, shocked by Rimuru's revelation. "Two attacks?! From the Fatui at once?!" she exclaimed before quickly shifting her concerns. "Wait, no—Rimuru! Are you alright?"

"Well, I guess I have to explain now..." Rimuru said, feeling exasperated at having to explain himself because his tongue slipped. "I was taken to the Abyss. I guess taken isn’t the right word… uhh, well more like kidnapped. Anyways, the Second Ranked Fatui Harbinger was the one who kidnapped me."

Jean looked shocked that such a high-ranking Fatui attacked Rimuru, even more so by how casually he was treating it. "Are you—"

"Yeah, I'm alright. I found an exit, so I got out fast enough," Rimuru responded, watching her expression to see if she would question him about the exit. Rimuru thought to himself, "I should hold off telling her about me getting abyssal power; I need to know the Purple Crystal's (The Sinner's) reason to lend me that power first before telling her"

Jean took a deep breath, her face showing a mix of concern and determination. "If you’re sure… But since you've been to the Abyss, you have valuable information about them," she said, seeing an opportunity even in this situation.

"Ughhhh, I just want to eat that Sticky Honey Roast Amber promised me a while ago...." Rimuru sighed as Jean dragged out this conversation longer than he wanted.

"We need to understand the Abyss, and what we’re up against. Also, I will bring Diluc. He has his own reasons to be interested in this," Jean instructed, shifting her paperwork, indicating she was just about done questioning him.

Rimuru nodded. "Mhm, Got it. I’ll come back to your office later when Diluc arrives. Also, good luck dealing with that monstrosity," Rimuru said, quickly turning around to leave Jean's office, as he heard her groan over the paperwork.

                   ----------------------------

At Good Hunter

"YOU GOT KIDNAPPED?!?" Paimon yelled in Rimuru's face.

After talking with Jean, Rimuru met up with Paimon and Aether, who were having Sticky Honey Roast with Amber, that she promised long ago. "As I suspected, the time in the Abyss went slower than here. That's why I am so hungry, but.."

Rimuru looks over at Venti who's happily eating at their dinner table, like he's the one paying for the meal.

"Why is he here..."

"Teyvat to Rimuru! HELLO?" Paimon yelled in my ear again.

"Well it's really concerning you got kidnapped by the Fatui" Amber spoke as she winced at Paimon's high pitched voice yelling. "But Rimuru seems alright, so Paimon Let's not bother him while eating."

"Hahaha! Well we deserve a little explanation, Don't we Kirby?" Venti said while drinking Wine.

"Really.. That nickname 💢" Rimuru said. Annoyed at the nickname that Paimon made, and Venti now using. "This nickname better die soon."

"Haha..ha" Venti laughed with a sweat drop, slightly scared of Rimuru being angry.

"Anyways, What's our next destination?" Aether said, turning around the conversation. "Since we didn't find my sister in Monstadt.."

"Oh Right. You want to question The Seven on your sister's whereabouts.." Amber paused thinking for a moment before continuing. "Well I recommend going to Liyue next! The Rite of Descension is going to happen in a couple weeks so that'll be your chance to talk with Rex Lapis, The Geo archon" Amber advised the trio on their next destination, tho she heard a slight "Tch" sound coming from Venti when she mentioned Rex Lapis.

"That seems like a good idea, Rimuru?" Aether asked Rimuru for any objections.

"Fine by me" Rimuru replied to Aether as he took a swig of Apple Cider.

"Hey! At least ask Paimon for her opinion!" Paimon yelled at Aether loudly, her mouth full of food.

Rimuru chuckles as Aether is also getting bothered by Paimon, and not just him.

"Psst, Rimuru" Venti whispered towards Rimuru, to which he turned to him. "You still need to tell me about that"

Rimuru nods as he knows he still hasn't explained to Venti about his intentions of coming to Teyvat since he's a God.

The Rest of the day goes by as they all chat with each other and order a lot of food. Mostly because of Paimon...

And as the sky starts to turn orange, they all head off in different directions, Rimuru going off with Venti for a few moments explaining to Aether and Paimon, that he has something to discuss with him.

                  --------------------------

Sigh I seriously need to remake the previous chapters to be more coherent and fix any misunderstandings.