Chapter fifteen: Rampage

"if I move any closer our tits gonna be touching" Levon said into the call.

his statement barely registered before a roar filled the the line making him flinch away from the phone.

Zeran was already on edge since he let the female go. The distance was killing him more than he could care to admit. he hadn't slept for a second since she drove off with Roman, he had wanted to run after her but he was the alpha and he knew that pack came first. All he wanted was to keep her with him. he was torn between her and his responsibility for the alpha. he had Levon in charge of watching her and ensuring her safety while he came up with a solution.

Zeran had been calling Levon endlessly wanting to know the whereabouts of the female. He didn't want her, he just wanted to make sure she was okay. at least that's how he convinced himself. He paced back and forth along the tree line, he had just come back from yet another one of his runs of the day. He didn't bother to change back to his clothes, he knew Zero was going to go on another rampage soon, he was more on edge now than usual, he paced back and forth in Zeran's and growled lowly in intervals.

Levon's words almost made him lose his edge. He merely managed not to fully transform.

"If you dare touch her ill kill you"

Zeran roared into the line, half transforming, his claws elongated and he swatted the tree closest to him cutting easily into it like butter making it go flying a few yards where it collided with another tree. he didn't care if Levon was his beta or if she was just a human, anyone who touched her was going to lose a hand or his head. human or wolf she was his and his alone.

"cheez relax I am tailing her from a save distance, if I move any closer she'll see me and wonder why I'm following her, I'm too fragile to sleep in a prison cell" does this dude not understand jokes.

Levon mattered lowly to himself. zeran heard him but chose to ignore.

"where is she now and what is she doing" Zeran growled into the line. he didn't know how long he was going to tolerate his beta. He was going to have to snap his neck to shut the man child.

"She went into a house, there is two female scents and one male scent together with hers coming from the house" Levon finished hiding in the tree line where he had been following Layana's car in wolf form before transforming into human form to update his alpha. he had been carrying his clothes and phone in his mouth.

"A male!" Zero growled taking control for a minute. He sent a few more trees flying in his tantrum. fur sprouted on his back as he half transformed.

"She seemed to be acquainted with one female, I think its her friend's house, wait the male just came out with one female, I think its a family" Levon said hurriedly trying to calm his alpha.

such a child

Levon mattered as he rolled his eyes, if zeran wasn't too concentrated on calming down after his several outbursts he could have heard him.

Levon listened carefully at what was going on in the house. his enhanced hearing didn't require him to be in the house with them to hear what was being said. Zeran remained on the line waiting for Levon to update him. He paced up and down along the tree line. He was in the pack house deep in the woods. It was more of cabin, his cabin. The females scent lingered at the sweet scent was driving crazy, he wanted to be close to her. He needed to be close to her.

Zeran halted in his movement when suddenly Levon burst out laughing. He tried to ask what was funny but his beta just cackled on and on and on. He could hear him gasping for breath and loud pants from the other side as he laughed for a full two minutes. If he wasn't irritated before now he was. He was irritated and intrigued at the same time. what was having his beta cackling like a hyena.

"What is it?!" he asked begrudgingly.

"It's nothing." Levon said. He knew his alpha hated to be kept waiting. one could say he was trying to ruffle the feathers of the big guy on purpose.

"Tell me now!" zeran roared his frustration growing by the minute.

"Luna thinks she was bitten by a dog" Zero groaned and huffed at being referred to as a dog for the second time.

"That's not the funny part" Levon started but burst into laughter for another minute making Zeran wait, again, "they are going to visit a hospital to get a rabbis shot" he said in between fleets of laughter.

Zeran could have been irritated but his lip curled into a smirk at her naivety. Did she think that was going to help with anything? Unless he denounced her as a mate the mark was permanent he could almost feel his chest puff with warmth at the clear claim on her. He couldn't wait for the mark to heal and turn into a crescent moon. perfectly curved by his teeth and shaped by the moon goddess's essence.

"Keep following her and report everything to me" Zeran said ignoring the fact that Levon had referred to his mate as Luna. Zero had burred in approval and he wasn't willing to argue with the both of them. He had loads and loads of work to do. his park contained of four hundred wolves, a hundred and fifty were the young and a hundred were of age and were unmated, he needed to organize supervised meetups with other packs.

Unmated males were more so untamable and needed to find their mates as soon as possible. its a lot of work keeping them in check and keeping them from marking females that didn't belong to them, in an act of deviance which could only end in one thing, bloodbath and blood shed. Marking another's female is an act of war.

Most werewolves lived in the secluded wolf estate deep in the woods but some lived in different parts of the country running businesses and companies by order of the alpha, Zeran, they all however came back during the red mood, full moon and cupid which was when the unmated males and females from other packs rendezvoused in regard to finding a mate.

He transformed into his wolf willingly this time and tore through the woods as he headed to the wolf estate, he needed to get work done now that him and zero had calmed down. He transformed back to human form as he came by the estate. One of the warriors handed him a sheet which he wrapped around his loin. he didn't mind walking naked but he always made sure to cover his privates when incase he ran into the pups.

He was about to enter his office when the last person he wanted to see came made an appearance in his line of sight. Zero growled with distaste as the old man approached them.

"Good of you to finally show up to do your duty to the park" Zeran gritted his teeth not to say anything to the old bat. Cyrus was a thorn in his side and he hadn't failed to show it in each of their encounter.

"What became of the female?" Cyrus asked clearly not reading the mood.

"She is none of your business" Zeran glared in warning at the old bat.

"She actually..."

"if you have nothing important to say to me, I'll be in my office old beta, maybe if you had done your job and kept an eye on your alpha he couldn't have run mad and stuck it in a human" Zeran cut the old man and cruelly reminded him of his failure. if that got him got him off his back then zeran was willing to go to any length, if that meant bringing up his failure, then so be it. The old mans shoulders sagged in defeat but he didn't try to say anything more.

Zeran stomped into his office his mood turned sour. he hated the fact that the same fate beheld him. the pack had just got to its feet with zeran as alpha since zeran became alpha at fourteen.

what was the moon goddess's goal in all this? Zeran wondered as his sank to his seat.

how cruel was the moon goddess to torture him and sentence him to the fate of the alpha before him.

How cruel

How cruel of the moon goddess (sighs)

welcome to yet another chapter as we try to rip the band aid of this slowly and piece per piece.

You already know, read if you like it, vote if if you love it and by all means enjoy if you are in love.

Because i know for sure i know i enjoyed writing chapter,

see you on the next chapter

your honorably, gracefully and most lovingly,

Author:eglahbev