24. I have no identity.

Previous chapter continues.......

You didn't take care of her when she needed you so why are you getting close to her now...And although I am with her now, but she is very strong alone, she does not need the support of a father like you, she knows how to protect herself so it is better that you stay away from her now....." Neil completes his sentence and Ashish is really at a loss for words because nothing he says can justify his actions, He has done wrong to Avni and now no matter what he does, his mistake cannot be rectified.

And saying this, Neil doesn't deem it necessary to say anything further and starts leaving from there but as soon as he opens the door his eyes widen when he sees Avni in front of him with tears in her eyes.

And Ashish also turns towards the door and gets shocked seeing Avni, did she hear something?
He wonders whether she has come to know about the truth for which he caused her so much pain ? and that might be possible because the door was closed but not locked.

" Avni.... Neil says while extending his hand to hold her but before he can touch her, Avni turns around and runs away from there.

Neil follows her and so does Ashish, Avni reaches the hall and Neela and Dayavanti are a little shocked to see her running in such a state towards the threshold leading out of the house, Neela Dayavanti stands up and Neil comes from behind calling her name and before Neil could hold her hand, Abhinav, coming from the other side after changing himself holds her hand.

" Avu, kya hua ?" Before Avni can cross the threshold of the house, Abhinav holds her hand and asks her this question and Ashish also reaches there.

Avni neither answers Abhinav's question nor turns towards him, tears are flowing from her eyes, is this not her family? The family with which she had spent her life till now was not hers, she was a burden here, she felt that this family did not love her due to her incompetence, due to her rude behavior but here the reason was something else,
her whole life is a lie, who is she after all? What is her identity ? Who is her mother?

Whereas Neil sees her like this and feels a pang of pain in his chest, he never wants to see her cry and before this he takes her hand from Abhinav's hand in his hand and takes her away from this place, everyone hears Ashish's voice.

" Bachcha.... Avni closes her eyes tightly hearing Ashish's voice....Seeing her condition, Ashish has understood that now there is no use in hiding the truth, she has come to know everything.

" Bachcha, ek baar meri baat suno....apne papa ko is tarah chhodkar mat jao, hum baat karke sab theek kar sakte hai....." Ashish requests Avni, her back is facing everyone, while Neela and Dayavanti look at him on hearing his words, What does he want to fix with Avni and what has happened?

But on hearing Ashish's fake words and drama, Avni takes a deep breath and opens her eyes.

Maybe right now she is not in a condition to understand what is right or wrong but now she knows that this family is not her, this man who is pretending to be her father is not her father, If he was her father then she would not have had the life he gave her and no matter what the reason was

She frees her hand from Abhinav's grip and turns towards everyone, Neil looks at her face and their eyes meet but Avni immediately looks away from him and looks at Ashish and then at Neela.
And while looking at them today suddenly she is feeling a strangeness amongst the people whom she used to call her own, these people are not hers.

And today looking at Neela, Avni is not feeling bad about what she did to her...But Neela was in pain because of her and Avni is feeling pain because of this looking at her.
It is true, whenever Neela sees her face she must remember the betrayal done by her husband and the way Neela treated her was not wrong at all