Protecting Blueberry

It was Sunday now. Tomorrow the boys would leave for their mission. The thought made my heart heavy, but I pushed it aside and focused on my errands while everyone was still asleep.

I was at the local grocery store, buying stuff for breakfast. The aisles were quiet, the only sounds were the hum of the coolers and the occasional rustling of plastic bags.

"Heh, yeah right. I'm going to ace those tests. Mr. Ken said I have great potential."

"No way! Mrs. Sally said that I would ace those exams and become a pro-hero in no time!"

Those voices. My heart sank. They were the boys who bullied me. I tried to ignore them, focusing on grabbing the box of my mother's favorite cereal from the top shelf as quickly as possible.

"Hey cutie. Need some help?" a familiar voice sneered behind me. A hand reached forward and took the box, handing it to me.

I looked down, grabbed the box, and tried to walk off.

"Hey, wait. No thank you?" He grabbed my arm, making me hiss in pain.

"Oh shit...Marinette? What the heck are you doing here, ugly?" he asked with a teasing smirk.

His friends caught up, and they all started laughing at me. Their laughter echoed in my ears, each chuckle and jeer cutting deeper than any physical wound.

I quickly went to the cashier and paid for everything, my hands trembling. They followed me out, their voices growing louder and more mocking.

"Hey Marinette, nice outfit! Did your grandma pick it out for you?" one of them taunted, throwing a small rock that hit my shoulder.

"Yeah, what's with that hair? Did you get in a fight with a lawnmower?" another laughed, tossing a pebble that bounced off my leg.

Their insults made my heart hurt, each word a cruel reminder of my reality. I kept my head down, trying to block them out, but it was impossible.

"Hey, don't ignore us, freak!" The first boy threw a larger rock, hitting me square in the back. I stumbled but kept moving forward, clutching the grocery bag tightly.

"Aw, is the little freak gonna cry?" one of them jeered. "I bet she cries herself to sleep every night."

My vision blurred with unshed tears, but I refused to let them see me cry. I quickened my pace, hoping to outrun their cruel words and the pain they inflicted.

Bakugou's POV:

I was out for an early morning jog. I had checked the kitchen before I left, and Marinette wasn't there, so I assumed she was in her room or outside somewhere. The air was crisp, and the streets were quiet, just the way I liked it.

While jogging, I noticed a girl run out of a street with her head down, walking straight past me. I quickly realized it was Marinette, but before I could call out to her, I heard laughter and insults coming from the street she had just exited. My eyes narrowed as a few boys came into view, trying to catch up with her.

I instantly knew these guys were bullying her.

I stepped right in front of them, arms crossed and a deep frown on my face.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" I demanded.

"Uh...nothing...we're just catching up with our little friend over there," one of them stammered, trying to walk past me. I blocked their path, my glare intensifying.

"You guys want to go to U.A. High School?" I asked, my voice low and dangerous.

"Yes! We're in our final year of Junior High! We're studying and we're extremely strong and ready to kick ass!" one of them boasted.

"And the cool outfits, hell yeah!" another chimed in.

I smirked, leaning closer. "Well, I go there right now. And I'm pretty close with most of the pro-heroes. Like Pro Hero Eraserhead. Endeavor. I could tell them that you guys are bullies and are harassing a young girl. Your chances will be very low then."

The color drained from their faces, and they started begging and apologizing.

"We're so sorry. It won't happen again!"

"Please, we didn't mean any harm!"

"Scram," I muttered, and they ran off like scared rabbits.

Satisfied, I jogged to catch up with Marinette.

"Oi! Blueberry!" I called out. She stopped, and I gently grabbed her arm, pulling her towards me.

"You hurt?" I asked, my voice softening. "I made those guys scram. They won't hurt you." She just shook her head, but I could see the fear and pain in her eyes.

Without thinking, I pulled her into a gentle hug, knowing she found comfort in those. She hesitated for a moment before melting into my embrace.

"Those idiots won't bother you again. If they do, I'll take care of them," I promised, my voice firm. She nodded against my chest, her small frame trembling slightly.

We stood there for a few moments, her silent presence speaking volumes. I could feel her gradually relaxing, her breathing evening out. I pulled back slightly, looking down at her.

"Anything you want to do today? Just say the word, and we'll do it," I offered, trying to coax a small smile from her. She looked up at me, her bluebell eyes searching mine before she gave a small nod.

"Alright, let's go grab some breakfast, yeah?" I suggested. She nodded again, and we started walking back towards the house, side by side.

As we walked, I couldn't help but feel a growing sense of protectiveness towards her. She was so quiet, so withdrawn, but there was a strength in her that I admired. I knew she was going through hell at home, and I wanted to do everything I could to help her.

When we got back to the house, Eijiro was still in the living room, playing video games.

"Hey Bakubro, what's up?" he called out, pausing the game.

"Nothing much, just took care of some trash," I replied, giving Marinette a reassuring pat on the shoulder. She gave me a small smile before heading to the kitchen to put away the groceries.

Eijiro raised an eyebrow but didn't push for more details. He knew me well enough to trust that I'd handled whatever needed handling.

"Ready to lose?" he challenged, tossing me a controller.

I smirked. "Bring it on, Shitty Hair."

We started our game, the sounds of our banter filling the room. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Marinette watching us, a small smile playing on her lips. It was a start, and I was determined to see that smile grow every day.