A New Beginning And Ending

A few months had passed since we moved Marinette to Height's Alliance, and I woke up early in the morning to bring her breakfast. It had become a routine, a way for me to show her love and care, even if she barely responded. After she was healed, we decided that being around us more might help her recovery. She had her room but rarely left it unless I took her out.

I made her breakfast with love as usual, crafting her favourite dishes. I wanted every bite to remind her of how much she meant to me. With the tray balanced carefully, I headed to her room. I knocked gently and then pushed the door open.

"Morning, my Blueberry," I announced softly, setting the plate on her bedside table. The room was dim, so I went to the windows and opened the curtains, letting the sunlight flood in. The warmth filled the room, making it feel more alive.

I heard a whine and turned to see her sitting up, rubbing her eyes. She looked so small and fragile, but seeing her move, even a little, filled my heart with hope. I smiled and walked over to her, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"Morning, my love," I whispered, gazing into her bluebell eyes. Her eyes, once dull and lifeless, seemed to have a hint of light in them today. I sat down on the bed, holding the plate of breakfast. "Ready for breakfast?" I asked, not expecting an answer.

To my surprise, a soft voice broke the silence. "Yes, please. I'm actually kind of hungry." She whispered, making me jerk my head toward her.

"W-what?" I stammered, hardly believing my ears.

"I... Hi?" She smiled faintly, and it was like the sun breaking through the clouds after a long storm.

I put the plate down and instantly crushed her into a hug, tears streaming down my face. I buried my face in her neck, my emotions overwhelming me. "You're finally talking, fuck! I missed your voice so much! I missed your smile! I love you so fucking much!"

Marinette hugged me back weakly, her hands trembling. "I love you too, Katsuki," she whispered, her voice shaky but filled with sincerity. "I'm sorry it took me so long."

I pulled back slightly, cupping her face in my hands. "No, don't apologize. You've been through so much. I'm just so fucking happy to hear you. To see you smiling."

She looked down, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I... I was so scared. I felt like I was trapped in a nightmare and couldn't find my way out."

I wiped her tears away with my thumb, my heart breaking at her words. "But you're here now, and you're safe. I'll never let anything happen to you again. I promise."

She nodded, her eyes full of gratitude. "Thank you for not giving up on me."

"Never," I said firmly. "Now, let's get some food in you, okay?" I picked up the plate and handed her a fork. "I made your favourites."

Marinette took the fork, her smile growing. "It looks delicious. Thank you, Katsuki."

I watched as she took a bite, her eyes lighting up with each taste. It was a small step, but it was a step forward. And in that moment, I knew we were going to be okay. We would rebuild everything that was broken, piece by piece, together.

Marinette's POV:

Years had passed since our time at U.A. High School. Katsuki and I had graduated, moved on, and started new chapters in our lives. He became a pro hero, renowned for his strength and bravery, while I found peace and joy working as a baker. I was twenty, and Katsuki was twenty-two. Our life together felt perfect, filled with love and laughter.