XXXXIX. the owner of a dream

samar :

"Maa!", was the last words I had whispered before shutting my eyes.
That had seemed like the end.

But now, maybe the end was yet to come.
I sat in a chamber in the psychiatric ward of the hospital, an English psychiatrist right before me.
It had been a few weeks I believe.
I was slowly catching up with everything.

Five years had rolled by, but I had just not felt the days. Apparently I had been drugged for years altogether, the kind that made me numb, almost emotionally non functional. A robot.
"How do you feel today, Mr. Shah?", The psychiatrist asked.
I straightened up.
"I.. I feel better.", I said thoughtfully.

Stunning developments had taken place in my absence.
The most shocking actually.
Mummy had divorced Anuj uncle and now she was back with Papa, I had a son named Ansh and the most shocking was that I had a lost twin brother who looked like me.
Not exactly though. Slight differences existed, but at one glance, obviously we looked the same.
Except I was clean shaven and he had insisted on that neatly shaven beard.

I had seen him while Dimpy and our son Ansh came to visit.
Ansh was epicly confused but Dimpy explained the situation to him. 
Dimpy, yes. She had not said it, but it was obvious, that she had moved on in the five years. She told me about Titu and then her liking for Sumedh in a rather apologetic tone.
I did not blame her either. She had assumed I was dead.

It stung, yes.
But sometimes you just have to let people go in peace. Anyways, it was taking me time to connect with people again.
Mummy Papa had showed up as well.

For moments I had stared at them in silence, not knowing how to react.
And then both of them had pulled me into a tight hug, both crying.
That had definitely brought back a lot of my good time memories with family.
Mummy had stayed all evening talking to me and feeding me my favourite food, while Papa had insisted on singing me a song to bed.
I told them, I was thirty now, but neither cared.

"Children might grow up, but they will always be babies to their parents", was what they had said. And having no other choice, I had to accept all of their love and affection.
I realised, I had never felt more peace.
It felt like home as I had rested my head on Mummy's lap, while she caressed my hair back, and Papa sang O Majhi Re for me. That night felt like the first time, in years, that I had actually slept.

"Do you think you will be able to go home now?", The doctor asked.
"I guess.", I mumbled.
"Good.", She replied, "Get the girl who is waiting for him outside."
"What girl?", I asked.
Dimpy, it wouldn't be, I knew.

I stared, a little taken aback.
"Nandini Iyer?", I asked standing up, awkwardly.
"Why do you always end up as LOL?", She said, breaking into a subtle smile.
It took me a moment.
"Love Of your Life?", I asked, sounding dumb.
She sighed, with a smile. Her eyes were numb. She drew in a deep breath.
"Loss Of my Life."

"Am I now?", I asked.
"Not now.. but you definitely were.", She replied.

I gulped.
Now what is this Kanha ji? I just had a break up and my ex girlfriend is here? 
Mummy is right, you like playing these sweet little games with us.

.
(okay although apparently both sumedh & samar character wise look alike y'all can imagine samar as paras because well, I personally loved samar-nandini with him. baaki aapki marzi)

anupamaa :

I was finally back to work.
It had been three actual weeks, and I had completely recovered. 
I had been highly involved in Mahi's recovery. Although Mister Shah had insisted on getting Kavya out and sending the child away, the police had refused bail for now.

He was particularly avoiding meeting Mahi when she was awake because, of what I knew, his guilt. But late at night, I had seen him slip out of my bedside and walk into the child's room and stand in silence, watching her sleep.
I knew he needed the time. 

"You were not around so we had replaced you.", Nakuul said as he walked down to me.
"Oh.. Okay. But now I am back-"
"No.. I mean, you are back but you cannot be working on that competition, Anupamaa ji.", He said coldly.
"It's just about training, isn't it? I understand you replaced me, but I can take back my place and whoever you replaced me with can take hers.", I said.
"I replaced you. So now you are back to being an ordinary dance trainer.", He stated.