Paul Meets Cinderella (Again)

In the deepest part of Duvessa's dungeon, Paul is sulking in his cell. He hugs his legs to his chest and has his face buried in his knees. But the sound of a gentle female voice snaps him out of his misery.

"Sir? Are you alright?" Said the voice. When Paul looked up, he notices a woman with blonde hair wearing a light blue dress and gloves, which happens to be someone he's met before, but hasn't seen in a while. "Cinderella?" Said Paul as his voice cracked. "Paul? I'm so glad you remember me!" Cinderella said with a smile. "I can't believe I'm seeing you again!" Paul said.

Cinderella smiles. "The last time we met was when my stepmother took your wife." She said. "I wish we were meeting on better circumstances, but this is worse than that time." Said Paul. "How did you end up in such a dreadful place like this?" Asked Cinderella. "That awful witch, Duvessa, brought me and the rest of me friends here. We don't belong in this time period." Paul said. "I'll help you escape, but I think you need a bit of magic training before I let you out." Cinderella said.

Paul's face lights up. "I've tried me hand at magic before." He said. "You have?" Asked Cinderella. "Yeah, but it was only temporary." Said Paul. "Did it involve using a wand?" Cinderella asked. "Yes, and there was another time Amanda gave me a touch of her powers so I could help save her siblings, who are now king and queen." Paul said.

"You actually had magic inside you?" Asked Cinderella. "Yes, but again, the effect was only temporary, being as I'm mortal." Said Paul. "I see. And when did you use a wand?" Cinderella asked. "One of Amanda's best friends let me use hers so I could bring meself to a magical realm to find a Christmas present for her." Paul said.

Cinderella gives the bassist a thoughtful look. "Well, you seem to know how to use magic properly at simple times, but you must learn to use it when things begin to get hard." She said. "How? It's not like I have my own wand or anything." Said Paul. Right when he said wand, Cinderella pulls one out. "Will this help?" She asked.

"Where did you get that?" Paul asked. "My fairy godmother let me borrow it when I saw you were in trouble. She even said to teach you how to use it in tough situations." Said Cinderella. "Cor, thanks!" Said Paul. He reaches for the wand, but Cinderella moves it away. "Hold on, Paul, you must say the magic words in order to cast your spells." She said.

Cinderella sings Paul her fairy godmother's magic words while demonstrating some magic.

Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
It'll do magic believe it or not
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Now salagadoola means mechicka booleroo
But the thingmabob that does the job is
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Salagadoola menchicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got
Bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi

Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

"So the magic words are bibbidi-bobbidi-boo?" Paul asked. "Yes. Now let's do a quick test before you leave. See that torch over there?" Cinderella asked. "Yes, what about it?" Asked Paul. "It's not lit up like this one over here. So use the magic to light it up." Said Cinderella. She hands Paul the wand.

The bassist looks at the torch that isn't lit, takes a deep breath, and says the magic words.

Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!

With a wave of the wand, Paul relights the torch after successfully casting the spell. "Blimey!" He said. "Paul, that was wonderful!" Cinderella said excitedly. "After using my wife's friend's wand, this was a cinch." Paul said. "Now try using magic on the lock of your cell." Said Cinderella.

Paul nods then says the magic words again to remove the lock.

Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!

Within a second, the lock clicks and falls. Cinderella catches it before it hits the floor. She does gently put it down so it doesn't make any noise. "Very good! My fairy godmother would be so proud of you!" Cinderella said with a smile. "I had a great teacher." Said Paul. He hands the wand back to Cinderella, but she doesn't take it.

"Keep it. You'll need it to help you on your adventure." Said Cinderella. "Perhaps you're right. Thank you. Thank you so much for everything, Cinderella." Paul said. "You're welcome, Paul. Now you better hurry before someone sees you." Cinderella said.

Paul nods before leaving the dungeon, and Cinderella watches him go.