Chapter 6 - Change of minds

Leo dance academy, 

Teju was listening everything anvi was telling her and latha maa. 

Teju " that idiot professor, seriously, how can he do that to sanjana.. He deserves that "

Latha ma " is he terminated now? Sanju is safe right "

Anvi " yes ma, he is, the trustee rusticated him from entering the college premises, no pblm as of now, Jake bhai is with her. We all advised her to be open about her problems with us and jake bhai "

Teju smiled " That's so nice of you all. I m really glad that you and sanjana are born in a family where they trust their children, not the society. "

Anvi " every parents will do that teju" she said like a fact and teju nodded no with a sad smile this time

Teju " You know, if the same happened in my house, it would have been different. They would have straight head blamed us and stop our studies, instead of talking to the management, they think this is their protective behaviour  " 

Anvi " Don't they love u teju? I mean.. Sorry if I went overboard "

Teju chuckled "they love me.. But in their concern, love is dominance, love is obedience. They only know to rule us. For them, we should do everything they says, bcoz they gave birth to us, they did some big sacrifice it seems "

Anvi held teju hands and she continued " Everytime they try to control us, I feel like going against them.  Mujhe shauk nahi hai unke baat nah mane ki, but the things they do, it makes me go against.  They don't want me to go out bcoz I am a girl, I want to come out and explore more. They don't want me to do job, I will create my own identity and show them who I am.  They believe without their surname, I can't survive, I will survive and show them, what a girl can do "

Latha maa " I agree your parents are strict and they didn't think about your freedom, but their must be some reason for it.  No one want their children to suffer teju "

Teju " They care for me through maids , they give everything I don't ask them, they put tons of bodyguard for my safety, all this is actually great but what about the love I crave for mam. "

Latha have no answer for her question, she herself couldn't give that to her kid and left him alone when he needed her the most.

Teju " They were never there in my achievements, it was only smi maa who was there when my mother was busy with her kitty parties, it was sitesh papa who played with me in my sports meet when my own father was busy with his million dollars business meet. This is their love and I m used to it, I was also a lost kid who was craving for love from them before, but then I realized, instead of searching it where it could never be found, I can explore it around my loved ones. I stopped crying for their love, all I need is to get out and explore, for that I need this education which I m going now. "

Anvi hugged teju and patted her back

Teju " I know I m sounding selfish "

Latha nodded no interrupting her
" You are not selfish, you are just a little one aching for her parents love. It's okay baby girl "

She hugged her and teju controlled herself from crying, she don't want to breakdown, she never thought of sharing her thoughts with anyone, but it did came out naturally with them. 

Anvi " Wait and watch, you will get someone who will love u with all his heart and you will be his forever "

Teju shook her head in disbelief " I don't believe in fairytale, it's waste of time to imagine love and forever anvi"

Anvi " you will experience it, you will feel it and that day you will remember me and my words "

Their conversation was interrupted by teju mobile ringing, who recieved a call from unknown number which she answered and the news shook her.