𝐗𝐈. 𝒪𝓃𝑒 𝒩𝑜𝓇𝓂𝒶𝓁 𝐸𝓋𝑒

❤ || 𝒰𝓃𝒽𝑜𝓁𝓎 || ❤

[Season Two, Episode Two; Rhaenyra The Cruel ]

{CHAPTER ELEVEN: One Normal Eve }

Chaos surrounded the red keep, shouting, screaming, and people's footsteps. Francesca looked out her window, wondering what twas happening. Suddenly, Aemond came barging in. He stumbled in, seeming scared and upset.

"Tis it?" Francesca asked, worried, lighting her candle. Aemond was breathing heavily and shut the door. "Aemond?" Francesca worried, getting out of bed and walking over to him.

He calmed down his breath, "Daemon tried to get me killed."

Francesca gasped and grabbed Aemond's arms. "Oh my heavens, are you okay?" she asked, examining him. "Yes, thankfully, I was out," Aemond said. 

"How did you know he wanted to kill you?" She asked. "I saw some of his gold in my chambers. When I got back."

Francesca put a stray strand of hair behind his ear and hugged him. She sighed with relief that he was away, but that meant they could've been killed. "I'm so happy you're okay."

"Wait, then why is everyone panicking outside?" Francesca asked, pulling away. "Well, Jaehaerys, Aegon's son, was killed instead. I have yet to visit my brother."  Aemond told her.

Francesca walked out of his arms and covered her mouth, realizing something. Jacquette could've been the one to murder Jaehaerys. "That's horrible." 

Aemond walked towards her and lowered her hands, taking them in his own. "Were you protected last night?" he asked. Francesca nodded even though she had dismissed Marilla for the evening. "Where is Marilla? We pay her to protect you," he mumbled.

She knew how Aemond was when he was angry or even a bit pissed. The last thing she wanted was for Marilla to get hurt by Aemond. "I-I dismissed her. It was incredibly peaceful in the castle... Well, till all this."

"The last thing you can do is dismiss your knight! What if it were you they would look for?!" Aemond stressed. Francesca lightly grinned at him for finally paying attention to her. "I promise I won't dismiss her again." She grinned, cupping his cheek.

He hugged her, so happy that she was okay. Francesca kind of pondered a bit, wondering where he would be at this late in the hour. But she just kept her mind quiet for now, not wanting to ruin this moment between them.

She could feel, see, and hear him once again. He was across from her as they overlooked Dragonstone, watching the dragons and the beautiful sea. Lucerys even looked older, too; it was as if he aged. Jacquette loved these dreams, as she and Luke would usually talk about silly things, or it would be as if he never left. But tonight's dream was a lot different.