L. history may not repeat

dimple :

I finally sat after the day's practice and picked up my phone.
I dialed his number.

"Why would you call me now?!", He said in a hushed whisper.
"Mister Sumedh Shah, I thought you loved me.", I said in disappointment at his tone.
There was a pause.
"Board members, I have an important call to attend.", I heard.
My lips curved into an amused smile.
Sometimes it was actually a nice feeling to have a hold on your man.

"Now tell me.", He said sighing.
"Aww.. you stopped your meeting for me?", I asked sitting back.
I knew he blushed, as he pursed his lips, leaning against a wall, feeling the warmth.
He was a shy baby in reality, just that he had to keep the facade of an alpha male.
"Had to.", He said, "After all, I love you."
I felt my cheeks getting warmer.
Butterflies were real.

"Now stop blushing..", He said smoothly.
I buried my face in my free hand, embarrassed.
"I am not, Mister Shah.", I snapped.
"Of course you are. I know you too well, Mrs. Shah.", He said, drawing in a deep breath.
"Not yet.", I replied.
"Naah, you are. You just don't know it yet.", He replied smiling to himself.

I inhaled deeply, trying not to look that lovesick.

"When are you coming back?", I asked finally.
"In another two weeks. Workload is high, otherwise you know how attached I am to you and my family.", He said sighing.
I nodded.
"How is Ansh?", He asked.
"He is doing well..", I said, drawing in a deep breath.
"Is there anything Dimple?", He asked.
"Nothing.. Just that Ansh.. I mean, if we marry.. who will he stay with?", I asked.
"How is Samar?", He asked.

"Fine. He is better,  but is needing regularly therapy visits.", I said, as I looked up.
Samar was here, right before my eyes.
And our current relationship was awkward at best. I tried to avoid him, out of my own guilt, of moving on.
He had given me a warm smile, and I had smiled back.

Nandini had joined us for the Dance Contest.
She was truly a wonderful dancer. Apparently, she was also Samar's first girlfriend.
They gelled well too. I watched them laugh over something while I spoke.

"Don't worry, Dimple. Even if Ansh stays with Samar as his legal guardian, he is staying in the same house. It will never be a problem.", He said simply.
I nodded.
"True.", I said, realising the fact.
"Now stress less, and enjoy yourself. I won't be there for Mummy's dance programme but you and everyone else has my best wishes. I know y'all will nail it.", He said, as I nodded.

"Everyone else is fine as well.", I added.
"Thank you. Now get a good night's sleep.", He said warmly before hanging up.
I smiled to myself as I stood up.

Mummy was truly overworking. She was tired but still rechecking the music.
Pakhi and Aadhya had been more than pleasure to work with.
It was stunning how Pakhi was actually a good dancer, but rarely danced.
Aadhya complemented her well.
It was near impossible to understand that they were not related biologically, when they danced.
Both of them had Mummy's dancing spark.

Now, they sat, side by side, scrolling through Instagram.
Both were big time lovers of social media as well.

Tomorrow was the Dance Competition.
Everyone knew Nakuul's dance group has the best dancers, her chances were bleak - but we were ready to give our best.

Toshu Bhai and Kinjal Bhabhi were managing the Shah Group while Sumedh was away.
Papa chose to work for his Company only. He refused to be a "bojh" on Sumedh - even after Sumedh's insistence on joining his company as the Chairman.
Mummy too, was doing this competition thing. 
Sumedh had told me how he had offered to make her the direct head, but Papa had told him Mummy would never take a favour or privilege. She liked to earn her position.