Chapter 1

—————

This city was loud.

That was the first thought that popped into Siyeon's mind when she first arrived here and after almost a week, her opinion stayed the same, if not even stronger.

After studying for a long time, she spent her entire career in a pretty small hospital in a very small town, where nothing really interesting ever happened. As a 29-year-old heart surgeon, it was pretty hard to refuse when another, much bigger hospital offered her a job.

And, of course, the possibility of starting fresh was great. Siyeon left her problematic life along with all of her troubles back in that town and moved here, not knowing anyone, just being someone new and unknown. Just as she always wished.

Being unknown was not something she could be called in the past few months. After a lot of major surgeries that she had done, the word travelled far, making her famous in the medical field.

And as a surgeon, Siyeon has never wished to be famous. So the last few months for sure felt a lot overwhelming...

On her first day at the new job, she had already seen and heard more shocking things than during her entire career. It was clear that this hospital was way more known and if she had to be honest, she loved how much work there would be. It was exhausting and at the end of the day her energy was drained, but the surgeon was thrilled to be given the opportunity of working here.

Still, the city and everything here was way different than what she was used to. It would probably take a while to properly adapt.

"21-year-old male found down at the park, status: post-trauma, BP 80 over 60, unequal breath sounds, the right pupil is dilated. He is ready for an x-ray." The intern seemed agitated while Siyeon was checking the patient's wounds.

"Alright, call it in to clear CT and let them know I'm coming. I'll page the nurse to get x-rays." Siyeon hurried, doing what she said before rushing down towards the hall to get a list of her patients, messy threads of her short dirty blonde hair obscuring half of her face.

"Doctor Lee! We got an emergency patient, she has a big cut on her right side and she just started to have seizures. The status is unclear, what should we do?"

The blonde woman looked down at the patient with seizures, then looked up at two panicked interns standing by the bed.

Really, are there only interns around this floor??

"Inject ten milligrams of Diazepam. The white lead is on the right for that, if you couldn't tell" She commented with a nonchalant expression, though in a mean remark of her tone. "Get him into OR 1 and get blood. Page the other interns who aren't busy, they will know how to get to their residents." A sigh could be heard at the end of her sentence before she continued the round, her brain mushy from all the chaos.

After only managing a really small team in her previous job, this was pretty hard to do. The team was way bigger and there were way more people working in this section of the hospital.

Since she was one of the only cardiothoracic surgeons here after replacing someone who worked in her place before, the responsibility fell on her to put the people in the right spots and make sure everything went well. But on a day like this, Siyeon felt like she could pass out any second.

It was already late afternoon when she finally managed to sit down and rest. She stretched her legs out a little and let out an exhausted sigh.

Looking around the almost empty break room, Siyeon noticed only a few nurses over by the water cooler. That was the moment she felt how thirsty she really was, but standing up and walking over there with her jelly legs felt like hell at the moment. She closed her eyes and leaned her head over the sofa when she felt a soft tap on her shoulder.