Chapter 9

The ride to the hospital was more difficult than Siyeon anticipated. The traffic was heavy, as well as her mind and Bora's anxious breathing next to her seat. It was all quiet, and Siyeon wasn't sure if turning on the music would be better or make things even worse. So she decided that it would be for the best to just do nothing, drive in silence as her brain tried to catch up with all the troubling questions and thoughts, praying that they would be able to reach the hospital as soon as possible.

Part of her was honestly happy that Bora seemed to be overwhelmed. Otherwise, she might question how the hell Siyeon just happened to find her on the street like she did. It wasn't even near her house and to her knowledge, the surgeon did not know where she worked.

Siyeon started to doubt that this ridiculous idea of hers worked at all, but the most important part was that Bora now knew what happened, Siyeon told herself. She would be beside Gahyun when she needed her sister, and that's what mattered in the end.

However, one thing was still bothering her from very deep inside, making her frown and tap her thumb on the wheel in anxiety.

What were the odds... that Seungyeon would be Bora's trainee, out of everyone, working there out of all the bars and clubs in the town?

The traffic made her nerves even worse and more noticeable which made Bora worry a little bit. "Are you nervous about her condition?"

Siyeon broke immediately from her drowning thoughts, glancing towards Bora as she analyzed the question. "No," she shook her head, straightening her gaze towards the road again. "I mean... we both know it's a risky situation, but Gahyun's a strong girl." She smiled a little, and even though she knew that Gahyun's condition wasn't looking so great at the moment, she knew what Bora needed wasn't listening to her worrying at all.

After having broken the silence in the car, the younger woman actually felt like she wanted to talk some more. It made her think less. "So... you know Seungyeon?"

Siyeon was grateful they were in traffic because that question would definitely make things harder if she was fully driving. "Umm... yeah, I do."

There was time to elaborate, but nothing else came. "Yeah...?" Bora urged her to explain a little more than that. It would keep her mind busy.

Siyeon pursed her lips, trying to think of what exactly to say. She didn't want to lie, but she didn't want to say all the details. But having met Seungyeon, she also knew that there were big chances of Bora hearing about it later anyway. "Yeah, um, we went on a date once" She let out quickly, her heart hammering in her chest.

Now that was surprising, to say the least. Having spent a bit of time with both women, Bora definitely did not see any kind of match between them. Siyeon was socially awkward and Seungyeon was the reverse. "Didn't end well?" She had seen how awkward it had been earlier.

The blonde woman shrugged her arms, "I think... we both knew it would be a one-time thing?" Only after saying it out loud, she realized what that sounded like, and she almost cursed under her breath.

"The date?" It was phrased in a weird way so she just wanted to check if they were talking about the same. It was nice that Siyeon, who often felt a bit uncomfortable with these kind of conversations, was talking to her because if she wasn't, she would truly be going crazy right now.

Siyeon sensed that Bora wanted to continue the conversation, and she knew she probably needed to take her mind off of Gahyun, but she couldn't ignore how overwhelming it all felt when she talked to Bora about Seungyeon. And she now had to explain what happened, which didn't seem quite easy. "It was more like a..." Siyeon would probably shut her eyes if she wasn't driving "a one-night stand?" She breathed out.