Chapter 4

Already two weeks have gone by since Yoohyeon started with her internship, and she already feels like it has been a year. So much happens every day, every shift, but she doesn't feel exhausted at all. She's been inspired even more after that talk with Chief Minji.

Talking of the chief, Minji has been offered to send some of her interns back to their universities to share their experiences with the students. And one of those interns was Yoohyeon.

At first, Yoohyeon felt nervous to go back, having to make a speech in front of a large audience of students, future interns. But then she felt comforted by the fact that one of her closest friends from back in the university, was also allowed to come along. Which meant she didn't have to be alone.

"Do you have your speech ready? I think mine's a little too long..." Yoohyeon was walking in the busy hallway of the university, having a nostalgic feeling of the times she studied here (It had not been that long at all, really, but it was still sentimental) when without even saying hello, her friend Hana appeared, following along and bombarding her with some thoughts that was probably on her mind. "But I don't think that will be a problem. We were freed from working for the whole day and I don't entirely believe that they would do that if we only had to speak a few sentences."

This type of behaviour was nothing new. Hana was pretty straightforward and was just really present all the time. Sometimes the annoying kind of present, however, but Yoohyeon didn't mind it. "Hello to you too... But yes, my speech is ready. Definitely not as long as yours though" Knowing her friend she had prepared two versions based on what people before her would say. That way there was less chance to just repeat the same stuff as someone else.

"Yeah, I would guess that myself, thank you" Hana replied, just shrugging at the look that her friend gave her. "So, we have almost 40 minutes before people start gathering up. Tell me how's that hospital of yours, who's your resident? Did you meet Lee Siyeon already??"

"Let's not talk about my resident... She sucks." There was not anything interesting to say there. Then, Yoohyeon smiled at the mention of Siyeon. "But yes! I met Dr Lee, I even ate with her!" Talking about the woman who was practically her idol was sure to make Hana a bit jealous. They were both fans of her.

Hana abruptly stopped walking, blinking her wide eyes at her tall friend who just gave her a sheepish grin. "You ate with her? Are you serious?? And how did that happen?" She took off her hair tie and started tying it once again. She couldn't really stop in one place when she was overwhelmed or excited, and playing with her light brunette hair usually helped.

"We just happened to have our breaks at the same time and... we just did. She's actually... nice." was the casual answer, followed by a little smile.

"Well, I'm surprised! I haven't heard anyone say that about her, yet." Hana shrugged her arms, continuing to walk while Yoohyeon followed her back with a light chuckle. "Have you seen room 17 by the way? I've been searching since the morning" That was the auditorium where they had to do a presentation, but Hana guessed they probably were on the wrong floor.

Even though they both had lessons here, the campus was still a maze for them. Mainly because the numbers of the classrooms didn't even follow a logical order for some reason. "I remember that they said it was on the second floor..." That was still quite a big area to cover, however.

Hana groaned, annoyed that they were still hollering around pretty much like they did when they studied here. "We're supposed to be there already! I'm blaming you if we're late." She protested, looking around and searching for someone who would know where the room was, but somehow every other student looked as lost as them.

Since this was growing quite annoying, Yoohyeon decided that it would at least be a little more fun if they talked about something. "What about your hospital? How are you liking it there so far?" Apart from telling her about Siyeon and her resident, they haven't really talked about their experiences so far.