11

Jay sighs as he says, "That's sweet, Kitty. But you don't have to say that just to make me feel better." Jay looked up surprised as he heard Jungwon scoff. Jungwon looked at Jay with an intensity he had never seen before. Jungwon always looked at Jay so sweetly so the intense look in his eyes slightly scared Jay. Jungwon's eyes flashed with emotion, his grip tightening slightly on Jay's hand.

"Listen here, 'cause I'm only going to say it once and you better get it in your head. You are the best person I know. You're smart, you're kind, you're fiercely loyal. You are magnetic and immediately light up every room you walk into. And that smile of yours, Jay Hyung, can make anyone smile. Let me let you know that there are millions of people out there who would kill to have someone like you in their life."

Jay's eyes widened, taken aback by the intensity in Jungwon's voice. He opened his mouth to respond, but Jungwon cut him off, his words flowing with an unstoppable force. "You think you're unlovable, but you're wrong. So so wrong. You are literally the coolest person I know. Ever since I saw you during the college tour on the first day of school, I've wanted to be your friend. You seemed like the most amazing person ever and after meeting you, I can confirm that as a fact." He's been wanting to be my friend ever since then? Really?

Jay's expression softened, but Jungwon wasn't done. "And you're insanely handsome. Like I literally do not understand how someone could be as good-looking as you because dude, that face card is insane. But, your heart, Jay Hyung, your heart is the most beautiful thing about you." 

Jay felt his eyes well up with tears as he heard Jungwon's sincere words. Oh my God, no way I'm actually crying right now. This has definitely been the aggressively nice thing someone has ever said to me. Jungwon looked Jay dead in the eye as he pressed on, "And I really wish you would see yourself the way I see you, Hyung. Because I think you deserve the world."

Jungwon pauses for a second before he continues speaking, "You deserve someone who loves you for who you are, flaws and all. Because that's what makes you so lovely. You need someone who remembers every single little thing about you such as how you always take the middle seat in the car because you know that Niki loves sitting near the window seat. The way you always let Jake Hyung shower first at night because you know he likes going to sleep early. And the way you always buy little protein snacks for Sunghoon because you know he loves them." He notices those things?

"So, I hate seeing you beat yourself up over someone who doesn't like you because there are hundreds of people out there who would love to go out with you. And I will not stand seeing you act as if you aren't the most selfless, perfect person out there, because you are! So, stop doubting yourself. Stop thinking you're not enough. Because you are, Jay Hyung." 

Jay swallowed hard, his throat tight with emotion. "Do you really mean all of that?" he whispered as he stared into Jungwon's eyes. "With all my heart," Jungwon replied, his gaze unwavering. "You're incredible, Jay Hyung. And anyone would be lucky to have you in their life," he said as he tightened his grip on Jay's hand. How did I get so lucky to have someone like Jungwon in my life?

They sat there silently as Jay tried to muster a response to all that Jungwon had just said. But, he couldn't. I want to say something, anything, to let him know how much his words meant to me. But, they mean so much more to me than anything I can say. So, Jay decided to reply with two simple words. "Thank You." 

But, Jungwon nodded as if he understood all the emotions, gratitude, and thoughts that Jay had stuffed into those two simple things. He smiled softly as he hugged Jay gently. "You don't have to thank me, Hyung. I'm always going to be here for you, that's what friends are for." 

-----