Chapter : 20

Later that night, after his parents had retired to the guest room, Taehyung and Jayti finally had a moment alone. They stood in the kitchen, the weight of the situation settling over them.

"One month? ," Jayti whispered, her voice filled with dread. "How are we going to keep this up?"

Taehyung sighed, running a hand through his hair. "We'll just have to take it one day at a time. We'll manage, somehow."

Jayti nodded, though she didn't look convinced. "We have to be careful. If they find out the truth..."

"They won't," Taehyung said firmly. "We'll make sure of it."

As they stood there in the dimly lit kitchen, Taehyung knew they were in for a challenging one month. But he was determined to protect Jayti and maintain the facade, no matter what it took.

Taehyung ran a hand through his hair, exhaling deeply. "This is going to be tricky."

Jayti nodded. "We need to come up with a plan. We can't afford any slip-ups."

"We'll make it work," Taehyung said firmly. "We'll just have to be careful and stay on the same page."

Jayti took a deep breath. "Okay. Let's start by syncing our stories, making sure we cover all the details. And we'll have to spend as much time as we can together, so it looks convincing."

Taehyung nodded in agreement. "Right. We'll get through this. Together."

As they sat down to strategize, Taehyung couldn't help but feel a mix of apprehension and determination. The next one month were going to be a test of their ability to navigate this charade, but they were in it together, and that gave him some measure of confidence.

Taehyung looked at Jayti, where she was nervously sipping her coffee. "Jayti, we'll have to share a room while my parents are here," he said quietly, not meeting her eyes. "Jayti, I know this is difficult. We can't risk my parents finding out about the contract. I don't want to break their heart."

Jayti's grip tightened around her coffee mug, and she nodded slowly. "I understand," she replied in a hushed voice.

"We can't risk them finding out about the contract," Taehyung continued, his tone strained with worry. "It's just for a couple of weeks. We'll manage."

Jayti nodded again, her expression conflicted. "Right. We'll manage," she echoed, her voice barely audible.

He pulled his hair in frustration, resting his chin on the top of counter. "I know. But it's only for a couple of weeks. Once they leave, we'll figure everything out."

She sighed, leaning into the countertop. "Okay. We'll manage."

Taehyung knew they were treading on thin ice, balancing between his parents' expectations and the truth they couldn't reveal. It weighed heavily on him, but he also knew protecting Jayti was his priority.

Taehyung led Jayti upstairs to his bedroom. The room was tidy and spacious, with a large bed dominating the center.

Jayti nodded, her hand trembling slightly as she slipped it into his. They walked down the hall together, their footsteps echoing softly in the quiet house. Taehyung's heart raced as they reached his bedroom door. He hesitated for a moment, then opened it and gestured for Jayti to enter first.

Inside, the room felt both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. It had been his sanctuary, his personal space, but now it would serve as their shared refuge from prying eyes. Taehyung closed the door quietly behind them, leaning against it for a moment as he exhaled deeply.

Jayti stood in the center of the room, her eyes darting around nervously. "This feels so... strange," she admitted in a hushed voice.

"I know," Taehyung murmured, moving closer to her. "But we'll manage. We just have to be cautious."