9

Chapter 9: Comeback preparations

The practice room at SM Entertainment was alive with energy as NCT Dream prepared for their highly anticipated comeback. The members were fully immersed in perfecting their choreography and harmonizing their vocals, driven by the excitement and pressure that came with a new release.

Mark and Jisung, along with Renjun, Chenle, Jaemin, Haechan, and Jeno, were in the middle of a particularly challenging dance routine. The mirrored walls reflected their synchronized movements, each member pushing themselves to their limits.

"Let's run it from the top again," Jaemin suggested, wiping sweat from his forehead. "We need to nail this part."

Everyone nodded in agreement, determined to make the routine flawless. As the music started, they moved as one, their bodies seamlessly executing each step. Mark kept a close eye on Jisung, silently offering encouragement with every glance.

After several hours of intense practice, their choreographer called for a break. The members collapsed onto the floor, breathing heavily but smiling. Despite the exhaustion, the camaraderie among them was palpable.

Renjun handed out water bottles, and Chenle passed around some snacks he had stashed in his bag. "Here, recharge with these. We've still got a long day ahead."

Mark and Jisung found a corner to sit down, leaning against the wall. Jisung rested his head on Mark's shoulder, and Mark draped an arm around him, giving his boyfriend a comforting squeeze. The other members noticed the small gesture, offering supportive smiles.

Haechan plopped down next to them, a mischievous grin on his face. "So, how are our star-crossed lovers holding up?"

Mark rolled his eyes playfully, but his smile was genuine. "We're doing fine, Haechan. Thanks for asking."

Jisung chuckled, feeling the tension ease a bit. "Yeah, we're just trying to keep up with you, dance machine."

Jeno joined them, stretching his legs out in front of him. "You guys are doing great. This comeback is going to be amazing, I can feel it."

Chenle, ever the strategist, leaned in. "We should think about how we'll interact with the fans during promotions. Maybe some fun behind-the-scenes content?"