13

Chapter 13: To stand with you

Well, it's been done.

The realization had settled in like a quiet storm. It had been only a few hours since Mark and Jisung clicked 'Post,' but the world had already begun to react. The initial wave of support and surprise from fans was overwhelming, but it wasn't just the public that needed addressing. The real work was just beginning.

First thing in order, posting a public statement. Mark and Jisung found themselves inside the meeting room of SM Entertainment with the company's heads and their managers, discussing how they were to address this to the public. There weren't that many issues as this had been in the planning since it was first brought up.

They had prepared for this moment, but it still felt surreal.

Mark glanced at Jisung, his hand subtly reaching out under the table to give his boyfriend's knee a reassuring squeeze. Jisung returned the gesture with a small smile, feeling a bit more grounded with Mark by his side.

"So, first thing in order," the head manager began, his tone calm and measured, "we need to decide how to address this publicly."

There was a brief pause, the room filled with the soft hum of air conditioning and the rustling of papers. The PR team had already laid out several strategies, but they wanted to hear from the couple first.

"Posting a public statement is the obvious next step," the head of PR continued. "Given the positive initial response, we can frame this as a celebration of your relationship, something that fans can support and rally behind."

Jisung nodded, feeling the weight of the moment but also the support of those around him. "We've been thinking about this for a while," he said, his voice steady. "We want to keep it honest and straightforward. No grand declarations, just... us."

Mark nodded in agreement. "We've discussed it, and we think the best approach is to make separate posts on our personal accounts and a joint one on the official NCT Dream social media. That way, it feels personal, but also official."

The room was silent for a moment, everyone processing the plan. The PR head smiled, clearly impressed by how well they had thought this through.

"That sounds perfect," she said. "We'll draft a few options for the joint post, but you both should write your own statements. Authenticity is key here."

The couple exchanged another look, this time with a mix of relief and determination. They had been preparing for this moment for weeks, and now it was finally happening.

The meeting continued, with discussions about timing, messaging, and the expected fan and media reactions. The company had been supportive from the start, which made the process smoother, but there was still a sense of tension in the air. This was uncharted territory, not just for Mark and Jisung, but for the entire NCT brand.