Adventurers

Nier POV:

I was on the 7th floor of the Dungeon and fighting whatever monster came my way. As I began walking, a bunch of Kobolds appeared and look at me with their glowing red eyes. I pull out the sword my dad gave me and prepared to fight. I charge at the charge at the Kobolds and slice through the first one charging at me. The second one tries to strike me, but I dodge and decapitate it. The last one attempts to run, but I tackle it to the ground and wrap my arm around its neck before I snap it. I get up and use the blade to cut open their chests in order to rip out the magic stones they had before putting them in my pouch.

Nier: Got more. That should help with dinner tonight. Yonah will be happy to eat out again.

I hear footsteps and turn to see a boy with the same hair color as me and with red eyes.

Nier: Bell?

Bell: Nier. I'm glad you're okay. I'd say what were you doing all the way down here, but I have a habit of getting asked that question.

Nier: I just figured I'd get a head start and try to collect as much as I can. I'm planning on getting stronger as fast as I can, but I also wanted to take Yonah out to eat. I can tell how she's not a fan of staying cooped up in the church all day.

Bell: It's really nice that you're looking out for your sister. Why don't I help you out a bit before we go back?

Nier: Sure. By the way, how's the knife you have? You said Hestia got it for you?

Bell holds a black knife with several inscriptions on the sides.

Bell: It's great, I'm making great progress because of this. Hestia really helped. I was able to take on a Silverback because of this.

Nier: So I've heard. Okay, let's press futher.

Bell nods and the two of us walk deeper into the dungeon. It wasn't that deep since we couldn't go further, otherwise, we'd risk running into more dangerous monsters. I was a Level 2, but was recommended to stay in the floors for beginners since I've never been in the dungeon before. a strange dark stubstance falls from the ceiling and turns into one eyed humanoids.

Bell: War shadows?

Nier: Any advice?

Bell: Don't let them touch you.

Nier: Poisonous?

Bell: No, just sharp and deadly.

Nier: So are we.

We charge in and slice through the war shadows. It took some effort since they weren't regular shadows, but we manage to beat them. Me and Bell picked them up and split them evenly.

Nier: Less time consuming that gutting Kobalds.

Bell: You still do it faster than I did. How are able to do that?