Visions

Nier POV

I was having another scary dream. I find myself in a sea made of blood with countless corpses. I pull my hands up and see the red spilling from my hands. A noise then brings my attention and I see that same figure from before. They are standing on a hill of corpses and holding a man with the lower half of his body ripped off. The figure then punches the man so hard it tears off his head. The being roars and it echoes across the sea of blood. I soon see a woman walking through gracefully despite the horror around her. The being looks at her, but not in hatred, in respect.

???: You will be a sword of vengeance. You will bring retribution to those who let their hubris consume them. Just know that out of all the creatures called monsters, you will be worse.

The being nodded and I felt the respect they had for the woman. Suddenly I wake up and find myself in the church. I look around me and see everyone else sleeping.

Nier: *Sigh*. 'Another Nightmare. What are these about?'.

I turn to see Yonah still sleeping, but is tossing and turning.

Yonah: N-n-no. No. No.

I put my hands on her shoulder in hopes that she can know that I'm here. She stops moving and breaths slowly before she opens her eyes. She pants and I hug her.

Yonah: B-big brother?

Nier: It's Okay, Yonah. I'm here.

Yonah hugs me and we decide to go upstairs so we don't wake up Bell or Hestia. We sit on a pew and look at he room which has yet to be illuminated by the sunrise. Yonah begins to cry and I can tell she's had a nightmare like me.

Nier: Yonah. Was it a nightmare?

Yonah: Yes.

Nier: What was it about?

Yonah: Those men that attacked our village. I had a nightmare of them killing more people. One with the face of a dragon and the body made of scales lead them.

I know who she was talking about: Seraphim. But I didn't want to talk about it. I want to assure her that everything's okay.

Nier: It's alright Yonah. It's just a bad dream. I'm here.

Yonah: You sure?

Nier: Of course.

Yonah hugs me as tight as she could. I hug her back as the sun rises outside the church. We see Bell in his armor and ready to head to the dungeon.

Bell: Oh, hey Nier. Hey Yonah. You guys are up early. I kinda expected you to sleep in.

Yonah: I had a bad dream. But it's okay now.

Nier: Give me a few minutes and I'll head to the dungeon.

Bell: Actually Nier, I was thinking that maybe you could have today off.

Nier: Seriously?

Bell: Well, you've been going into the dungeon and fighting for hours every day since you joined the Hestia Familia. I've had a few days that I didn't go to the dungeon, so I think only fair that you get a break as well.

I want to say something, but Yonah tugs on my sleeve and shows that she wants me to have a break. I didn't know what else to say, so I accepted it.

Nier: Alright then. Just don't go get yourself killed.

Bell: Well, the first thing I'm gonna do is get Lili so Goddess Hestia can welcome her as part of the familia.

Yonah: But isn't she still technically part of Soma?