Demons

No POV

Nier is in the dungeon, slaying any monster that comes his way. He is in a part of the dungeon with a field of flowers. However, it ends up colored in the blood of the monsters and the corpses that remain littered the area. He begins carving the magic stones out of their chests before Bell and Lili arrive.

Bell: Nier, there you are. 

Lili: You always get here before us. I know you'd like to make the most out of your time in the dungeon, but it's not wrong to get more sleep. I'm starting to see why Bell gave you the day off back then.

Nier: Well, the early bird catches the worm. It's what my dad used to say and what my mom agreed with.

Bell: Well, how about we help with getting the rest of the stones. It'll go a lot faster if we the three of us do it together.

Lili: No need to be alone. Bell taught me that.

Bell and Lili begin carving out the magic stones. Nier then pulls a stone out and senses someone watching them. He looks in the darkness and sees a bunch of red symbols appearing. Bell and lili see them and are shocked.

Bell: What are those?!

Suddenly, several energy orbs fly out and blast the area. They damage several parts and begin to cause everything to shake.

Nier: RUN!

Nier runs into a tunnel while Bell and Lili run into an opposite one just before the area collapses. The dust settles and Nier sees that it has caved in. However, he also sees footprints leading down the tunnel. A sign that is where the attackers went.

Bell: Nier! Are you okay?!

Nier: Yeah.

Bell: Stay where you are. We'll find you.

Nier: No, that'll take forever. Just keeping moving and get back to the surface. I'll find my way back.

Lili: Bell, I hate to say it, but it's kinda the best option we've got now.

Bell: Okay. But we'll be back with help.

Nier: Don't worry Bell. As long as my sister is up there, I won't die down here.

Bell: I'm going to hold you to that.

Lili: Be careful though. No telling where those bastards went.

Nier: I will. See ya both topside.

Nier begins to follow the prints and heads further down the tunnel. He sees several corpses as he keeps moving and eventually sees a room with several corpses on the ground. He is horrified at first, but sees it as no different from the carnage he saw the other day. 

Nier: What happened to these guys? 

Something charges at Nier, so he pulls out his sword and blocks the attack. He sees that it's a cloaked person with a mask similar to those who attacked his village. Nier looks in shock as he tries to keep their blades from cutting him. He pushes them back and slashes off their masks to see their face. To Nier's horror, their face is dark grey with black and red eyes and several horns on their forehead. He pushes them back and they get up.

Nier: What are you things?

Nier dodges a large axe coming down on him and sees many more masked figures entering the room. They pull out their weapons and while most are still masked, Nier can sense their bloodlust.

???: We are the demons.

Demon: Forget the gods.

Demon 2: We now serve a higher power.

Demon 3: Do not resist, boy. Accept your demise.