Midgard

No POV

Nier and Yonah have spent the last few hours walking. They were out of the Wildwoods they called home. The stranger's attack caused them to embark on their journey to fulfill their mother's wish. Eventually, they arrive on a cliff that overlooks the Wildwoods.

Yonah: Big brother, look.

Nier: There was a protection stave around our home all this time?

Yonah: But it's broken over there.

Yonah points to an open part of the stave. 

Yonah: Did we cut those down?

Nier: Mom marked trees that she wished to used for her pyre.

Yonah: Why did she pick ones that were part of the stave?

Nier: I don't know. We should probably keep moving.

Yonah: R-right

Yonah hops on Nier's back and he begins walking. After walking through a cave, they come across an opening leading to the other side of it. So they each enter and slide through it.

Yonah: How long until we reach the mountain?

Nier: I don't have a clue.

Yonah: How mad will Hestia be?

Nier: Probably enough that the next time we see her, her face will be red with anger.

Yonah: Kinda sounds like her. Well, I just hope we can get there before winter falls.

Nier: Same.

The two keep walking and come across a bunch of Draugr. Nier orders Yonah to fire an arrow and she shoots one through a Draugr's head. Nier then rushes toward them and fights with his swords. Nier then blocks a Draugr's attack and impales it's chest with his frost sword. As the creature is frozen, Nier uses his other sword to fight and kill another Draugr that attempts to strike him.

Nier: Good job, Yonah.

Yonah blushes and keeps walking with her brother. They come across strange writing that they translate as a settlement in their direction. After more climbing and walking, they eventually come across a bridge that can take them to where they need to go next. Yonah then runs ahead and Nier worries about the stability of the bridge.

Yonah: I can see the mountain getting closer.

Nier: Yonah, wait.

Yonah stops in the middle of the bridge to look at her brother. Suddenly, the plank she's standing on snaps and Yonah tries to hold on to avoid falling. Nier then runs toward her before slowing down and walks slowly as the bridge begins to fall apart faster.

Yonah: Brother! Help! Please.

Nier: Hang on! Try to stay calm.

Nier gets closer and Yonah begins to lose her grip on the plank.

Yonah: I'm slipping!

Nier: Stay calm.

Nier finally gets to Yonah and pulls her up as the bridge snaps. He then uses his body to shield her from the fall as they land on the ground. Nier is in pain, but it didn't kill him since he wasn't a normal human. Nier then looks at Yonah and sees her tearing up.

Yonah: I'm so sorry.

Nier: Yonah, don't cry. It's okay.

Nier: Then looks around and sees that they are surrounded by inanimate Draugr.