That Wonderful Smile, Now Gone

No POV

Nier and Yonah were at Mama Mia's for lunch and ordered their favorite food. They ate the turkey and potatoes and Mama Mia smiled at the sight of the brother and sister.

Mama Mia: You two enjoy. Although I have to say, I'm surprised a small girl like you could eat all of it.

Yonah: Yeah, I've been told I eat more than most girls my age.

Mama Mia: Nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you're getting exercise if you don't want your stomach to get too big.

Yonah: I'll keep that in mind.

Nier looks at Yonah and thinks about the time they were eating with their mother. Then that memory shifts to one of him holding a younger Yonah in his arms with his mother and father watching them. Nier stuggles to hold back his tears as he finishes his food and pays for it. Yonah then finishes her and the siblings leave the tavern. They head back to the church and as they make their way through the district, they overhear talking among the people.

Male 1: Did you hear about the killings on the 8th floor?

Female 1: I was there with other adventurers. Those guys were torn to shreds. What the hell could have done something so brutal?

Nier comes by a newspaper stand and grabs one. It also talks about the vicious killings that took place in the dungeon. It especially mentions that they ones who discovered that bodies were lucky to identify them from the state they were in. Nier crumples the newspaper before tossing it in a trash bin. Yonah holds onto Nier's hand and he holds her's back. They make it to the church and see that Bell is getting ready.

Nier: Hey Bell. Where ya heading?

Bell: Oh, I'm going to look for some new armor. The one I got was really good and I wanted to see if there are more made by the same guy.

Yonah: Who was the one that made yours?

Bell: Well he made it, but he didn't give me it. I found it in a box when I was looking for equipment. But the blacksmith's name is Welf Crozzo. I'm gonna see if there are any more of hsi works.

Nier: Well, just take it easy. You had a lot of recovering to do after your latest run in with a minotaur.

Bell: I know. But that made me get one step closer to being stronger. I will keep fighting until I can make it to Ms. Aiz's level.

Yonah: Well, just keep you expectations in the middle. Never know when something might happen.

Bell just takes off and runs.

Bell: Sorry, can't talk right now! See ya later!

Yonah: Did he do that on purpose?

Nier: I don't really know.

Hestia then comes out of the door leading to the basement.

Nier: Hi Hestia.

Hestia: Oh, Hi you two.

Nier: What's up?

Hestia: Oh nothing. I wanted to say goodbye to Bell, but it appears he took off before I could go up here. So, is there anything you guys want to talk about.

Nier and Yonah sit with Hestia on the steps of the church and talk about how life has been ever since they went to Orario.

Hestia: Uh, this might be a bad time to mention it, but did you two ever register for the guild?

Yonah: There was a guild in this town?

Nier: I guess that's where Bell takes a detour on the way home.