Chapter 2. The dream

Harry's POV

(This chapter is a flashback to the dream that Harry mentioned in Chapter one)

One night after a long Quidditch match I was the most exhausted I'd ever been in my life. I remember having the strangest dream. In the dream I was at a restaurant, and it had seemed like I was on a date. I couldn't really distinguish the person's face but their eyes stood out. They were the most captivating shade of grey. And I could also see a smirk spread across their face and I remember it giving me butterflies.

We were talking, laughing, and eating, having the best time ever. Then when the date was over we walked hand in hand to the parking lot. We stopped in front of our cars and gazed into each other's eyes for a moment. I felt a hand on my waist pulling me closer, and then a hand tilting up my chin. We locked eyes for a brief second before we closed the space between us and kissed.

I woke up in a second of confusion. Those eyes. I had no doubt seen them before, and that smirk. I couldn't place where I'd seen them before, I've met plenty of people with similar features. I decided to forget about it and just lay down and go back to sleep. Again those eyes and that smirk filled my head.

The next day when Hermione, Ron, and I were walking to class I thought about the dream I had. Of that person. The one no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't place even though they felt so familiar.

"Harry? Harry? Are you listening???" Hermione cut off my thoughts.

"Oh sorry I was lost in thought, what were you saying?" I responded after snapping out of it.

"I said..." she began but I didn't hear the rest because the answer I'd been searching for walked right past me. Literally.

Draco Malfoy had walked right past me making sure to knock his shoulder harshly against mine. That was it. Those pale grey eyes and that self righteous smirk.

"Bloody hell I must have been really exhausted," I mumbled.

"What?" Ron asked, confused.

"Oh nothing, just had a strange dream last night is all," I answered.

That must have been it, right? That dream didn't mean anything. I was just tired from Quidditch.