Ch-23 Ice-Cream Date

"Please...please stop! Do.. don't touch me..ple..please" said Akruti tightening her grip on Ikshit's shirt.

"Shh shh...don't cry Akruti, they are gone, look! No one is here. No one will touch you, okay? Don't be scared!" Said Ikshit caressing her hairs.

Akruti had stopped crying, but she was still clinging to his shirt. When she finally realised what she was doing, she separated herself from him. Akruti was little embarrassed with what happened now, firstly she was ignoring him and now all this happened.

"Akruti! What the hell were you doing here?? The party is not here I guess??" Said Ikshit

"I..I was just returning back" said Akruti avoiding eye contact with him.

Ikshit held her face into his palm and said, "It's not safe for young girl like you to stay out at this time Akruti! Today fortunately I was here, but tomorrow again this situation might happen with you and that time I may not me present! You need to be more careful."

Akruti nodded her head in yes.

"Now come with me I'll drop you" said Ikshit

Akruti didn't say anything and quietly sat inside the car. Akruti was quite the entire journey, suddenly she screamed "Ice cream!!"

Ikshit stopped the car infront of an ice cream parlour, "You want to have ice cream?"

"Um..I mean WE can have ice cream?"

"At this time??" Said Ikshit looking at the watch.
Ikshit saw that Akruti was not in a very good mood, so this was a great opportunity to lift up her mood and make her happy!

"Well!! If this kiddo wants to have an ice cream, I'm sure we can get you one!" Said Ikshit

"Excuse me!!! I'm not a kid, okay?? And you also have to have an ice cream with me!!" Said Akruti making a puppy face.

"Uff! Teri inn adayon pe hi to Marta hu Mai!!" Said Ikshit in his mind.

Akruti quickly got down from the car and started running towards the shop.

"Akruti! Carefull. Wearing a saree and jumping like a 5 year old!" Said Ikshit.

Akruti ordered two belgium chocolate chip ice cream and waited for the order. As soon as she got the ice cream, she started giggling like a kid. Ikshit was just staring at her, how happy and carefree she looked but was she really this happy? Or was it only because of Ikshit. Both of them came out of the shop and started walking towards the car.

Akruti took a bite from her ice cream and said, "I want to say something!"

"Yeah yeah, go ahead" said Ikshit

"I'm sorry for that day, I shouldn't have reacted like that. I was just..confused and irritated maybe!" Said Akruti

"No..it's okay! I really didn't mind it!" Said Ikshit with a smile on his face.

"NO! It's not okay, I mean..you just wanted to talk to me that's it! And moreover you are elder to me! You have the right to decide what's good and what's bad for me.." said Akruti

"And a family now? I mean apart from being your teacher, I'm a part of your family too! And by the way, I'm not that old!!" Said Ikshit

Akruti could feel the heat rising up to her cheeks even while eating an ice cream she was feeling that the atmosphere was getting hot, but still there was a different comfort she felt when she was with him.

"You must be like what..34? Or maybe 35?" Said Akruti immediately covering her mouth as she laughed.

"HEY!! I'm just 29!!! Do you really think I'm 35???? I'll have a heart attack Akruti!" Said Ikshit keeping is hand on his chest.

"Hahaha!! I was just kidding, but if you get a heart attack, just remember my sister is one of the most famous cardiologist in India! So don't need to worry about that" said Akruti.

"You mean my sister in law?" Said Ikshit with a proud smirk on his face.

Akruti rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah yeah whatever."

And then both of them started laughing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here, Avni kept on calling others but no one answered, suddenly a video started playing infront of her.
It was Avni and Arhaan's childhood video, where Avni was running behind Arhaan and he had a chocolate wrapper in his hands.

And then another video started playing where Arhaan was tying Avni's hairs into a ponytail. Like this, many videos were being played. It was all Avni and Arhaan's childhood memories. The last video was a raksha bandhan day's video, as soon as it started playing the tears which had gathered into her eyes was now streaming down her soft cheeks.

"Bhai!! Where is my gift??"

"Which gift? Adopted children don't get gifts okay?"

"Papa!! Bhai is calling me adopted! Am I really adopted??" Cried Avni

"Arhaan! Why are you saying such things han?? Say sorry to her and give her the gift!" Said Harshvardhan Ji.

"Sorry daddy's princess!" Said Arhaan and gave her the gift.

"Thank You! Don't you want your gift?" Said Avni

Arhaan smiled and said, "I have the world's best sister with me! I don't need anything else" and hugged her.

The video ended and the entire terrace went dark again.
The only word which came out of her mouth was , "Bhai..I..I'm sorry, I don't deserve to be your sister, your best sister turned the worst sister! Please fo..forgive me!"

"You are my best sister and will always be one!" Said Arhaan from standing infront of her.

The lights were once again turned on and Avni saw that the entire terrace was beautifully decorated! With lights, flowers, pictures and so on!

Avni ran towards Arhaan and hugged him tightly.

"Shh Mera baccha! Don't cry like this. I'm sorry Avni, I should have been here with you with maa with everyone! But..."

"You don't need to give me any explanation! Rather I'm sorry, when you needed your sister beside you....I..I was not there for yo..you! But I promise you that whatever happened in past will ne..never happen again." Avni was sobbing badly.

"I missed you! Avni" said Arhaan in a soft voice.

Arhaan was extremely happy today, after so many years finally Avni was talking to her like before. Avni was also very happy to finally get her brother back!

"Mr. Oberoi, it's quite late I guess I should leave now." Said Aarohi.

"Don't worry Dr Singhaniya, I can drop you!" Said Arhaan

"Han Haan! Why not bhai, please go and drop bhabi" said veeransh with a smirk.

"No..no I have brought my own car. And ofcourse I know how to drive!" Replied Aarohi.

Arhaan and Aarohi were standing infront of her car, "Thank you so much Dr Singhaniya, I don't think I could have ever convince Avni without your help!"

"It's okay Arhaan! I..I mean.."

Arhaan smiled, "Umm..you can call me Arhaan, after all we are going to be husband and wife soon! It would really sound weird if you call your husband Mr Oberoi and I call my wife Dr Singhaniya!"

Aarohi laughed and said, "only if you call me Aarohi?"

"Done!" Said Arhaan

After this, Aarohi left from there.
Arhaan was standing there alone with his hands crossed against his chest, only one word was repeatedly being played in his mind "Arhaan". It was the first time Aarohi called him by his name.

Aarohi had reached home by now, and was about to sleep but as soon as she closed her eyes, Arhaan's face was visible infront of her eyes! Instead of opening her eyes, Aarohi smiled.

"Is..is that Arhaan? Why did I see him?? Am I falling for him? But..but he's a monster!! Mr. Monster!!" Aarohi chuckled and said, "I must be going mad!! Well....you are not that bad Mr. monster"

_________________________________________