chapter 4 - moon

I see everything go dark before my eyes.
Then another world slowly appears before me. It's like the temple, but more...bright. In the distance, I can see the Eye of Eden.
"Vale?" I call out.
No response.
There's a spark of light floating in front of me. I hesitate, then reach out to catch it.
Suddenly, something forms before me. A human.
An Elder.
I look up at his huge form. He has kind eyes and bushy eyebrows. But his most interesting feature is his beard. It stretches all the way to the ground. For some reason, he reminds me of a character from Hairy Potear. But thinking about that just reminds me of how the Light Whisperer would read to me.
"H-Hi," I mumble awkwardly.
"Why are you here?" His voice echoes all around me. It's deep and rumbly, and very, very loud. Like lightning-strikes-3-meters-from-you loud.
I feel a shiver go down my spine. But I might as well get straight to the point. "I...I need the key to Eden."
His eyes widen. "Why?"
"...to free the spirits," I say, trying to stay as confident-sounding as I can.
He hesitates for a moment. "The...spirits...?" I see a flash of confusion in those eyes. "But...they're fine."
Wait, how long has this elder been away from his people?
I try to explain, "They're all frozen. They've been frozen ever since the War of Eden."
"The War...," he closes his eyes in thought for a moment, before opening his eyes. "Okay. You...you can have it."
I freeze for a moment. This easily?
He digs inside his long robe's pockets for a moment, before taking a glimmering crystal out. He holds it out to me.
I hesitate, then take it with both hands.
"Thank you..."
He nods awkwardly, and I see his eyes crinkle into a smile.
Then it all fades to black again.

—————
hi :D
I thought since this is a short chapter, I would put a proper author's note here.
If you're Drakit and you're reading this, hi! Thank you for supporting me so much :)
And if you aren't Drakit, hi! Thank you for reading until here. If I were you I would've gotten bored halfway ;-;