𝟓. ❙𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬

❛ 𝑪𝑳𝑬𝑶𝑭𝑨𝑬: 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑻'𝑺 𝑾𝑯𝑰𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑹 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•✿.⭒✻❙ 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐒 ❙✻⭒.✿•

❝ 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐬𝐬

❝ 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐬𝐬. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑬 𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑬
𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒔𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒆𝒔

❛ you've got my devotion, but man, i can hate you sometimes ❜

        𝐶𝐿𝐸𝑂𝐹𝐴𝐸 𝐼𝑆 𝑁𝑂𝑇 𝑂𝑁𝐿𝑌 strong, independent, and terrifying, but she's competitive. In all fairness, she's lived in the Glade with boys for years; she has to be. During the Gathering, when a new Greenie arrives and they celebrate, they did small wrestling competitions. The boys all went easy on Cleofae in the beginning, but upon realizing that she's actually quite difficult to beat, they've given it their all. Gally's the only one that's come close to beating her.

Still, Cleofae was undefeated. She had just beaten Gally once more, but upon seeing Newt and the Greenie wandering around together, she became intrigued. She and the Greenie were already getting along, which was rare; Cleofae is not open to new people, but there was something familiar about this Greenie. She wanted to see how he'd do. "Hey, Greenie!"

Newt and the Greenie stopped in their path. They looked over to Cleofae, who was smirking at the Greenie. "Wanna see what you're made of?"

"I'm good. I wouldn't want to hurt you or anything." The Greenie responded as he looked her up and down. Any chance he got, he admired her. He couldn't help himself. She was more laid back at the moment. Cleofae's arms were bare, but scattered with freckles and scars. Her black tank top hugged her curves and complimented her pale green shorts. She had left the green button up with Minho, who now had Anubis and Horus with him. That compass on her necklace too framed her face perfectly and how it made his heart swoon.

At his little comment, the Gladers around them laughed. Cleofae too wore a genuine smile, already amused by how naive the Greenie was. She put her hands on her hips and teased, "Sounds to me like you're afraid a girl could kick your ass."

"That's not it. I'm not afraid of you."

"Prove it." Cleofae challenged. Thomas clenched his jaw as the girl sent him a cocky smirk. She was trying to provoke him since she just wanted to have fun. Because of that look, that taunting look, Thomas gave in.

He walked into the circle as everyone gathered around. Not only did the Gladers always find Cleofae's fights fun to watch, but it was the new guy. There was nothing more intriguing.

"Alright, the rules are simple, Greenie. I try to push you out of the circle and you try to last more than five seconds." Cleofae explained as she began to circle the Greenie, who stood in the middle. He still saw no threat. "Trust me, I can last longer than five seconds."

Cleofae smirked once more, seeing his slight teasing. Normally, any kind of teasing like that would be earned with a glare or threat, but she didn't mind it as much with the Greenie. It seemed lighthearted.

"Again, prove it." Cleofae teased right back as she got close to him and lightly pushed his chest back. The Greenie bit the inside of his cheek. There was clearly tension between them, anyone anywhere in the Glade could sense it.

Cleofae actually got the fight started by pushing the Greenie's chest back. He stumbled into the crowd of people surrounding them, but they just pushed him back. He didn't have enough balance and fell towards Cleofae, who grabbed him and threw him to the ground. "I thought you could last longer than five seconds?"

The Greenie got back to his feet and stared her down, not expecting to be thrown around so much. Cleofae still wore that arrogant smirk. "Come on, Greenie. I don't bite. Unless of course you want me to."

The Greenie sent her a questioning look since he felt wrong fighting a girl, but Cleofae would be fine. There was a likelihood that the Greenie would get hurt, not her. Cleofae could see he was slightly uncomfortable with it, as many other Gladers are, so she sent him a small nod, indicating that she'd be alright. Seeing as how she was fine with it, the Greenie ran at her. All she did was catch his shoulders and push him to the ground, not giving him a moment of an upper hand.

"It's so cute when they try."

The Greenie immediately got back up to his feet and tried to run at her again. He wrapped his arms around her waist, but he underestimated how truly strong Cleofae was. She was able to start pushing him back, but she underestimated how truly smart the Greenie was. He was moved out of the way so that Cleofae's momentum would cause her to fall. The Greenie did throw her a little so that she landed on her back. The Gladers were genuinely shocked since no one can usually get Cleofae on the ground that fast.

"Not bad for a Greenie, huh?" He tried to taunt her, but Cleofae still wasn't going to let him win. She swept his leg from her spot on the ground, which caused him to fall over. He hit his head on the ground, which was an accident, as Cleofae got to her feet. Cleofae dusted off her shorts and looked to the Greenie, who muttered something under his breath. She watched as he quickly got back to his feet and exclaimed, "Thomas! I remember my name. I'm Thomas!"

Suddenly, all the Gladers surrounding them cheered and closed in on the Greenie -- or now, Thomas. They congratulated him and patted his back in support. It was always a good thing when the Greenies remember their name; it gives them a sense of identity and individuality.

Even with all his new peers being overjoyed for him, Thomas could only focus on one thing. He saw in the distance Cleofae walking away with Newt as Anubis strolled along behind them with Horus sitting on the dog's back. The Glade means a community of Gladers who help each other no matter what, but Thomas so desperately wanted to take Newt's place.

❝ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐬, 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬. ❞

- 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒎 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆; 𝑗𝑢𝑙𝑖𝑢𝑠 𝑐𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑎𝑟

❘ ❙ ❚ ❚ ❙ ❘