16

Jay paced around his new apartment, feeling the weight of anticipation. He had just moved in and wanted to celebrate with a night out at the club, also to loosen up before the big family party tomorrow. Naturally, he called Jake and Heeseung. But as he sat down to ask them to join, a pang of guilt struck him. what about Sunghoon?

Jake had been ignoring the poor boy because of a stupid reason and Jay felt bad, so he decided to call him too.

Jay sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. He hesitated since he didn't trust Sunghoon at all but eventually decided to invite him out of pity. "It's just one more person," he thought, typing out the message. "Besides, he could use a break."

---------------

Ni-ki was walking to school alone, Jungwon told he was sick and will come to class by lunch, but Ni-ki knew better.

Last night's conversation with his boyfriend crossed his mind.

"let's stop hanging out with Jungwon."

"What? Why?"

Sunoo sighed, trying to find the right words. "I just feel uncomfortable. You spend so much time with him, and it makes me feel... I don't know, like I'm not enough."

"Sunoo, you know you're more than enough for me. Jungwon is our best friend."

"I know," Sunoo said. "But it still bothers me. Can you please do this for me?"

Ni-ki finally nodded to himself, though reluctantly. "Okay, I'll try."

He let out a tired sigh.

At school, Ni-ki couldn't concentrate. He felt a heavy weight on his shoulders, knowing he was going to avoid Jungwon because of Sunoo's request. 

He knew Jungwon would be hurt if he found out the reason, and the thought of loosing a best friend pained him deeply.

"Hey, are you and Sunoo okay? and Jungwon?did you guys fight?" A guy asked Ni-ki when their first class ended and Ni-ki couldn't answer either of his questions.

He didn't know if he and Sunoo were okay and he didn't know if what happened between them yesterday can be called a fight.

By lunchtime, Ni-ki had made up his mind. He couldn't continue this way. 

As he was leavig the class for Lunch, Jungwon walked in throwing a weak smile at him, but that's it. no 'hey' , 'wait for me', 'did you miss me?'. with another sigh Ni-ki walked to the cafeteria.

He found Sunoo waiting for him at their usual spot, and his heart ached at what he was about to do.

"Sunoo, we need to talk," Ni-ki said, sitting down beside him.

Sunoo looked at him, concern etched on his face. "What's wrong?"

Ni-ki took a deep breath. "I can't do this anymore. I can't stop being friends with Jungwon just because you're jealous. It's not fair to him, and it's not fair to me."

Sunoo's eyes widened in shock. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying we need to break up," Ni-ki said, his voice cracking. "I can't be in a relationship where I'm forced to choose between my best friend and my boyfriend. It's tearing me apart."

Tears welled up in Sunoo's eyes. "Ni-ki, please. I didn't mean to make you feel like this. I just. . . .I love you so much, and I was scared of losing you."