23

A/N: too late, my bad, sorry.

"Stop yelling at my son!" Jake's mom steps in when she sees his dad yelling at him yet again and calling him words that she knew Jake wasn't, and she has had enough of this.

His dad's anger flared at the interruption."it's all your fault, you see what kind of a dissapointment you raised right?! and look at yourself! you look pathetic! drinking all the time." He mocked.

"My son isn't a dissapointment, he has always done his best and I know it—" Her words cut off as she was pushed to the floor by the eldest.

"Stop it please!" Jake pushes his dad away from his mom and bends down next to her offering her support to stand."mom, I'm so sorry. . . .are you okay?"

She doesn't answer as she glared at her husband. "this was the first time you raised your hands at me, Sim Junhyeok. . . ."

"you were the one who stepped in trying to side this pathetic excuse of a son I have! Jaemin is the only one that has some talent in this family. . . .all of you are useless." He muttred harshly as he walked away slamming the door shut behind him.

"Mom, I'm so sorry. . . .I shouldn't have argued," He said as he bought some water over to his mom. "and don't you worry. . . .I'll talk to grandfather about it—"

"You will?" she cut him off. "so you want to make this even harder for me?"

"No mom—"

"Life was so much better when I didn't have you," She said and Jake shouldn't have felt bad cause she was drunk but it felt bad knowing it's his mom." I would have moved out with Jaemin if I didn't have to take care of you. . . .Jaeyun, do me a favor and oblige to everything your dad says, Please!" She joint her hands in fron of Jake who immediately held them and let them down.

"I'm sorry, mom."

---------------

Sunghoon was reading the materials for the class next morning when he heard his phone ringing.

He smiled when he realised it was Jake.

But, his smile was quickly replaced by a frown when Jake's voice trembled as he spoke over the phone, almost breaking down."Hey, hey, calm down okay, tell me where you are, I'll come over."

 Sunghoon's heart clenched with worry, and he quickly rushed out to meet Jake.

Sunghoon reached the park where Jake had asked him to come. The park was mostly empty, the night air cool and quiet.

He looked around a bit and spotted a figure sitted on the bench, his face burried in his hands.

He hurried over, and the moment Jake saw him, he stood up and wrapped his arms around Sunghoon, burying his face in his shoulder. Jake's body shook with sobs, and Sunghoon's heart shattered at the sight of him in so much pain.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here," Sunghoon whispered, gently rubbing Jake's back. "Just let it out. I'm here for you."

Jake's grip tightened as he continued to cry, and Sunghoon held him, offering silent comfort. Sunghoon's thoughts were a jumble of concern and helplessness. He hated seeing Jake like this, knowing that words alone couldn't do any help.

As the minutes passed and Jake's sobs began to subside, Sunghoon found himself feeling an overwhelming rush of emotions. He wanted to do more than just comfort Jake; he wanted to make him happy, to be there for him. 

He guided the older to sit down and kept rubbing his back.

"Why does he hate me so much, Sunghoon?" Jake murmured, his voice breaking. "Why can't I ever be good enough for him?"