18

Sunghoon felt a flutter of nerves and excitement as he stood in his room, staring at the exquisite suit laid out on his bed.

 Earlier, a car had arrived, and a man had handed him the outfit, saying it was from his mom. The suit was semiformal, consisting of a sleek black T-shirt, a faded peach blazer, and tailored black pants. It looked incredibly stylish and expensive—nothing like the thrift store clothes he was used to wearing. He almost couldn't believe his luck, feeling a rush of gratitude and excitement.

He picked up his phone and saw a message from Ni-ki. "Leaving in an hour with my family. Hope to see you there!" The message added to his anticipation. 

He quickly jumped into the shower, the warm water soothing his nerves. He couldn't stop thinking about the night ahead and how much he wanted to make a good impression.

After drying off, he dressed carefully, adjusting the blazer and smoothing down his shirt. He looked at himself in the mirror, almost not recognizing the person staring back. 

The black T-shirt fit him perfectly, contrasting sharply with the soft faded peach blazer, giving him a sophisticated yet modern look. He felt a surge of confidence as he admired his reflection.

Stepping outside, he saw the car with the auspicious company logo waiting for him. The driver nodded politely as Sunghoon approached, and he climbed in, feeling the butterflies in his stomach intensify. 

The car ride to Jeongshimjae felt like a journey into a new chapter of his life. The city lights blurred past, and he found himself lost in thought, wondering what the night would bring.

When the car finally pulled up to Jeongshimjae, Sunghoon took a deep breath, his heart pounding. 

The grand mansion loomed ahead, its lights casting a warm glow. He stepped out of the car, smoothing his blazer one last time before walking towards the entrance. The door opened to reveal a bustling party, filled with elegantly dressed guests and lively music.

Sunghoon felt a mix of nervousness and excitement as he stepped inside. He scanned the room, looking for his mom or dad, mostly Ni-ki though.

Just as he was starting to feel overwhelmed, he spotted Ni-ki waving at him from across the room. Relief washed over him as he made his way over.

"hyung! You made it!" Ni-ki exclaimed, pulling him into a hug. "You look amazing."

"Thanks, Ni-ki. You look great too," Sunghoon replied, feeling his nerves ease a bit. "This place is incredible."

"This is your home, welcome home." Ni-ki playfully winked at him.

"Come on, let me introduce you to some people."

As Ni-ki led him through the crowd, Sunghoon couldn't help but marvel at the opulence of the event. The room was filled with laughter and conversation, and the air was thick with the scent of delicious food. 

He met several of Ni-ki's friends, each greeting him warmly and making him feel welcome. He was surprised at how elite the younger was acting, Sunghoon almost never saw this professional side of him.

After a while, they found a quieter corner to sit and chat. Sunghoon felt himself relaxing, enjoying the easy conversation and the company of his younger brother. They talked and laughed, the worries of the day melting away.

At one point, Ni-ki excused himself to get drinks, leaving Sunghoon alone for a moment. He looked around, taking in the scene. 

It felt surreal to be there, dressed in such fine clothes, surrounded by so much luxury.