prologue

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"please, could you kiss my name? when the music's over."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"laios, wake up."

the warmth of the sun beaming down on him like a gentle embrace, and the soft voice that called out to him was enough to stir the young tall-man awake.

he slowly opens his eyes, and was greeted by a big blue sky.

"ugh... where am i?"

"laios, you're awake."

once his vision adjusted, his eyes lit up at the face above him.

"[name]."

he says almost in a soft exhale, smiling fondly. god, he's so lovestruck.

"c'mon, falin told me to wake you up. everyone is waiting for us."

her hand clasped both of his, pulling him up to his feet. he looks down at his hands, opening and closing them as if it was his first time moving.

"laios?"

when his name was called, he glanced at the girl with wide eyes. the scenery changed, the once calm and peaceful flower field now engulfed in fire.

laios tensed up, realising that he was back in the battlefield. the red dragon roars as if charges towards him.

he couldn't move, for some reason. he just froze in place as it all happened.

"big brother!"

a choked gasp left his lips as he was pushed away before the dragon could get him.

"falin!"

unfortunately, in exchange of being saved from the jaws of the red dragon, his younger sister is the one that will suffer.

laios grasped his sword, looking up at his younger sister caught in between the monster's teeth with desperation in his eyes.

"falin!"

he glanced to the side and watched as a (h/c) haired woman ran at the dragon full speed, stabbing its scales but failing as the blade broke.

she cursed before pulling something out of her pocket— a clear bottle with black liquid inside.

"let go of her!"

she raised it up, about to throw the bottle down.

falin raised herself up as best as she could, holding her staff out as she whispers a spell under her breath.

"run... away...!"

a blinding light surrounded them, and laios heard the faint sound of an explosion before he lost consciousness.

his sister's face was the last thing he saw before he passed out, and he couldn't help but feel defeated.

he failed to save her.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"could you pray for me, my friend?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━