𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 9

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
— this is not proofread, i will edit the mistakes later so i'm sorry in advance for the typos and grammatical mistakes!

"this is so good."

"really good."

somewhere in a crowded tavern on the surface sat a group of adventurers, dining on their food while chatting amongst themselves.

"the worst thing about the dungeon... is not being able to eat this good when we're in it."

said a boy with dark skin, sighing softly as he took another bite of his food.

"let's savour it while we can."

a girl with long black hair replied, and the group agreed with her. in plain sight, they're just your average adventurous party but that's not the case at all.

because one of them strives to be the dungeon master.

"hey there, kabru! haven't seen you around that much. heard you've been doing great lately, huh?"

out of nowhere, man approached the party's table and squeezed himself in there, earning disapproving glances from the members except for one person— kabru.

kabru smiled politely, his usual goody-two-shoes side naturally taking over.

"well, i wouldn't say it was amazing..."

he says in a humble manner, chuckling.

"seems like yesterday, you all were just a bunch of rookies. but look at you now."

the man laughed, taking a slice of pie which didn't go unnoticed by mickbell, the half-foot party member that just so happened to be very snippy about strangers.

"it's good you guys are still together. big parties are quite rare nowadays."

the man says, biting on the slice of pie he took while mickbell watched him while munching on a loaf of bread, unimpressed.

"and why do you think that?"

kabru asked curiously.

"they either go missing or just get sick of each other. the fighting over money is a big reason. but your party has been together for a while now, so maybe you'll be the ones to kill the mad mage."

"yeah, right. we're not that good yet."

kabru said in a dismissive tone, laughing while the black haired girl— who's named rin, watched him with furrowed brows.

"don't sell yourself short."

the man laughed along, before his expression grew ecstatic.

"oh, and i have quite the news for you folks. there are rumors of a giant beast roaming around the third and fourth floor level of the dungeon, and the mayor had put out a prize money for anyone who kills it."

"a giant beast... how come i haven't heard about this before?"

kabru cups his chin, and the man pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket, unfolding it and showing them a poster with the description of the bounty hunt.

"it's a legitimate thing. apparently, it's been causing quite a big trouble to adventures, since it killed a lot of people already, and corpse retrievers can't do their jobs properly with it around."

"they're having trouble killing a beast? if that's the case, then we might struggle with this too. you give us too much credit, you know."

kabru joked, before his gaze turns serious as he reads the contents of the poster.