Chapter Twenty-Four: Cotillion part 2

A    I     A     H

The moment na tinawag ng host yung pangalan ng guest, sobrang na-shock talaga kami. Specially me since ako yung katabi nya and I really did not expect that the guest speaker for this party is MJ's father.

The host even said if anong koneksyon ng guest kay MJ. And yeah, it's his Dad.

But when I took a glance at her, she wasn't even looking at the stage where his Dad was currently standing. And it seems like parang hindi din sya nakikinig sa sinasabi ng host.

She's just typing something on her phone and doon lang sya nakafocus.

I was about to tap her when I saw Gwen, signalling me not to. Maybe nakita nya kung ano yung gagawin ko kaya sumesenyas sya sa'kin ng 'wag' using her head.

'Why?' I mouthed at her but she just shook her lang as an answer.

Then, she leaned a little to Shee and whisper something to her. I saw Shee nodded and get her phone tapos nagtitipa sya doon.

Less than twenty seconds, my phone vibrated in my hand. I opened it agad and may message sa'kin si Shee.

From: Bebe Shee❤️
Don't say or ask anything to her about her Dad. - Ate Gwen

Oh? So that's what she whispered to Shee.

To: Bebe Shee❤️
Okay. 👍

Nakita kong pinakita ni Sheena kay Gwen yung reply ko at tumango naman ito sa'kin after nyang mabasa. I just nod din and looked back at the stage.

"Good evening, everyone especially to our new comers. I'm Mikhael John Lim but you can just call me Sir John." He started and slightly bowed at us. "Again, a pleasant evening to everyone. Hah! Hello, my beloved LAVSters! It's nice to be invited in this annual welcoming party. I am very glad to be here. And I'm happy watching everyone enjoys this party especially the students. At gaya ng palagi nating ginagawa taon-taon, naglalaan ang school ng isang araw para sa lahat ng estudyanteng nag aaral dito para makapag enjoy kayo. Makapag bonding kasama ang iba nyong mga schoolmates. This party is not only for the new comers. Kundi para sa lahat. This is our way of giving you a chance for you to meet, socialize and get acquainted with your schoolmates. Para before magstart yung formal discussion or lessons for this school year, nakapagbonding din kayo with your schoolmates. And para magkakilalanan na kayo at magkaron ng pagkakataon na maenjoy nyo yung time bago kayo sumabak sa gyera. And what I mean of gyera is yung discussions nyo sa room." We all laughed at his little jokes.

I did not expect that, honestly. Palabiro din pala si Sir. I thought he's a much serious type of guy.

"But kidding aside. I am really glad that I got this chance to celebrate this night with you. As you all know, this is the 8th Annual Welcoming Party. Although it's been fifteen years since this school was built, this is just the 8th time that we held a welcome party here in L.A.V.S Academy. It was thanks to my eldest son, actually. It was his idea to hold this kind of celebration as a way of welcoming everyone in this school. And if it wasn't for him, there is no chance to we will have this kind of celebration." Lahat naman um-agree sa sinabi ni Sir.

I noticed the sudden change on MJ's posture. Parang bigla syang naging tensed sa hindi ko malamang dahilan.

Or maybe because of what her father said just now? Wait, her father did mention about his eldest son which probably her brother.

So it means, she has an older brother? But where is he?

Gusto kong magtanong sa kanya but I remember Gwen's warning so I stopped myself. Baka mas lalo pang maging awkward yung atmosphere.