CH 6 - You got three days

Amara ignored the message and continued with their meal. She didn't want to disturb Liora's peaceful moment during their meal together.

Liora set down her fork, her face adorned with a satisfied smile. They had a gentle evening feast together, sharing a rare, peaceful evening feast after weathering a storm in their lives.

"Officer Park, I appreciate your help! You've been a great support during these difficult times. We're lucky to have you around. "

"It's my duty to ensure your safety and well-being, Mrs Valentine. Please reach out to me if you need anything." Dane firmly stated.

"Thank you once again for bringing and joining us for this meal. Whenever you miss your family, please do not hesitate to visit us and share a meal with us. You are always welcome here. Right, Ora?" Amara glanced at her daughter.

Nodding her head eagerly, Liora agreed. "Yes, you are always welcome here." Said the little Liora in her bird-like, melodious voice.

"Indeed, Liora, I'll, now that you have said it. " Officer Park replied with genuine warmth, his smile mirroring the sweetness of Liora's gesture.

Dane noticed Amara's keen awareness of his own family tragedy. He never even mentioned it once, yet she was right about it. His initial thoughts of her was a pitiful woman, but he now saw a sharp mind at work.

After finishing the meal, Officer Park decided to remain nearby. He bid them farewell, stepped outside towards his car, and parked around the corner. From there, he kept a vigilant watch over the Valentine home, like a night owl guarding its territory.

Amara forced Liora to take a warm bath before bedtime. After a bath, they both changed into their nightgowns.

Instead of letting Liora sleep in her own room, Amara made space for her daughter to rest beside her. Amara did not want to sleep alone and was afraid for Liora's safety. Though the chairman assured her. She still wanted to keep her close.

Amara watched Liora sleeping peacefully while wrapped in her embrace. Later, she picked up her phone and checked the messages. The Chairman had instructed her to come to Glaciers' mansion at 8 am.

Then she tapped on the message from the unknown sender.

"I give you 3 days. Leave the house which belongs to me."

'Tony Gambino, you bastard. Violating Mark's body wasn't enough for you?' Her composed expression quickly turned to intense fury upon reading his demand.

It seemed like Tony failed to take the cue on giving up on the Valentines despite the Chairman's warning. Amara had no energy left to reply to him. Instead, she decided to do it in the morning. The day's fatigue soon kicked in, and before she knew it, she slipped into slumber.

The alarm blurred at 5 a.m., waking Amara. She was eager to prepare for the day ahead. After completing her morning rituals, she prepared breakfast.

As soon as she emerged from the kitchen, she found Liora sitting on the couch, clutching a soft bear to her chest with her eyes closed. Liora seemed sleepy. Amara checked the time to see it was already 6:30 am.

"Liora, wake up, sweety. It's time to get ready for school," Amara gently urged.

Liora's sleepiness vanished at the mention of school. "No, Mama. Not today. I'll stay with you and help you today." She insisted, her eyes wide with stubbornness.

Amara empathised with Liora's hesitation yet also worried about her missing additional school days.

"You've already missed quite a bit of school, dear."