CH - 7 Fatal Connection

Disclaimer:

The characters in this novel are unique and may not represent the average individual. Some characters, including children, possess levels of maturity or abilities that differ from the norm. Just as some children can win math Olympiads at age nine while others excel at 18 or 27, the characters in this story have their own extraordinary traits and perspectives. Please keep an open mind as you read, appreciating each character's unique nature.

********

"Amara and her daughter will stay at the small guest cottage." George declared, making it clear that this was a permanent arrangement and nobody should argue against it.

The atmosphere in the room shifted dramatically. An uneasy tension swept through the air like a sudden gust of wind on a calm summer day. Out of respect and a tinge of fear, everyone kept their focus away from the Chairman.

Although their questions and speculative glances darted toward Amara and her daughter, whispers of curiosity floated through their mind, who wondered about Amara's relationship with the Chairman.

In the Glacier family, only the head could speak and make decisions. Everyone else had to follow the rules or risk being banished from the will.

Despite Amara's long-standing work at the mansion, no one could recall any significant interaction between her and the Chairman, nor were rumors fueling such a sudden change in status.

Who is she really?

Amara could feel the piercing scrutiny directed at her. She did not dare meet anyone's eyes. She was not in a position to deny or answer anything. She was shocked, as were others. She only shifted uneasily in her chair under the weight of scrutinising gazes.

'What is the chairman trying to do? 'She wondered.

The dining hall, where speculation had filled the air, was suddenly shaken again by the Chairman's authoritative voice.

"Amara will now work directly for me, and the nature of work needs frequent travel."

Amara, who sat all this while quietly, had to intervene, taking the risk of losing her job. "Please forgive me, Mr Chairman, but I cannot leave Liora alone." She spoke bravely.

"That's precisely why you and Liora will stay here. To ensure you focus on work without any distractions." He reasoned.

"But how can I..."

"As long as I'm alive, Liora will remain safe within the confines of this mansion, I assure you!"

Everyone in that room knew his words were not only a promise but a white line drawn on the black rock. No force in the world could shake his resolve, and Amara knew that.

It was ironic that everyone gathered to have breakfast at the table, but no one had taken a single bite since Amara and Liora's arrival. The Breakfast turned into a dramatic affair resembling scenes from a TV series.

"May I have your permission to go home, pack my bags, and return tomorrow morning?" Amara asked, accepting the chairman's decision without any more questions.

Nodding his head once, the chairman replied. "You may. Now, let's continue having breakfast." He picked up the cutlery and ate as if he hadn't just dropped a bomb over his family's head.

In the end, it was a good deal for Amara. She needed to leave the house after receiving a message from Tony Gambino anyway. If the chairman said that Liora would be safe as long as she stayed in the mansion, then there was nothing more to think about. The answer was clear: to move into this highly secured place for the sake of Liora.