CH 16 - The Price

This chapter contains sensitive scenes on bullying.

The old man knocked on the dean's door before entering a decent-sized office, adorned with fine furnishing. The dean was already standing, ready to welcome the new students to their prestigious school.

The old guy introduced himself first. He wasn't very tall and looked modest, but his voice was strong, which echoed like the grand peaks of the mountain range, surprising the Dean a little.

"I am Steve Sohn. Their representative." With a nod, he gestured to the students standing behind him. Bringing his hand forward for a firm handshake.

"I am Roland Kasko. Welcome to the Elite School!" greeted the dean.

"Allow me to introduce these three jewels," Steve said, presenting the trio. He handed over the transfer documents from their previous school, and the three of them signed the documents before leaving the dean's office.

At the parking lot, each of them lounged on their respective bikes, arms casually folded as they waited for Steve to finish his final sentence before they embarked on their school tour.

"Your school uniforms are already placed in each room. Please call me if you need anything else." Steve concluded without taking long.

"Sure thing, our representative. If you're done, can we go now?" Teased Kai, shooting a playful glance at Steve.

"By all means, Mr. Rothschild," Steve replied with a nod. Just as he was about to get into the car, he remembered something and returned to the trio.

"What should we do with the luggage in the back of the car?"

Donovan, Logan, and Kai exchanged glances before their eyes shifted to their hand gloves.

"Mr. Sohn, dispatch it in an H.T. container heading to South America. Let the luggage taste their own medicine," Donovan said without a flinch. His dark grey eyes seemed to turn black as if a demon had awakened from its slumber.

"Of course, Mr. Magnum!" Steve, then got into the SUV and drove away, leaving the school premises behind.

"Are you sure about this? Are you really sure about studying here?" Kai looked at Donovan with a serious gaze.

Donovan's eyes wandered around, but his tone was firm. "Yes."

Logan shot Kai a warning glance from his position behind Donovan, urging him to drop the subject.

But Kai pressed on. "Do not feel any sympathy for any girl, do not get involved in a girl's matters, do not look at any girl, and do not fall for any girl... here in this school."

Kai brought his hands together as he pleaded. "I beg you. I don't want to change schools unless you wanna go back to our previous school."

Donovan let out a sarcastic laugh. "You worry too much, Kai." A smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth. "Me falling in love? The day that happens, the sky itself will weep."

They all glanced up at the clear sky, like a challenge hanging in the air.

Logan rose from his bike, "Now that things have been resolved, let's take a tour of the school," he was eager to move past the conversation and explore their new surroundings.

Time passed by, and it was lunch break. The school cafeteria, which usually buzzed with the typical lunchtime chatter of the elite class students, today, the air in there was dreadful.

The bullies sitting in their usual places were laughing and taking pictures of the female students with thick glasses standing in a line. Each row consists of 10 girls. Behind them was another row. The first-row girls held soda in their hands.