CHAPTER SIX

Obi-Wan stands with Taun We just inside the open door.

"Tell your Council the first battalions are ready. And remind them that if they need more troops, we will need time to grow them." Lama informs.

"I won't forget. And thank you." Obi-Wan nods goodbye.

"Thank you." Taun offers with a nod as well.

Obi-Wan comes out from the tower into the driving range. The door closes behind him. He pulls his robe around him and stands braced against the gale. Obi-Wan glances back toward the closed door, confirming that Lama Su has left.

Below, a huge wave crashes against the stilts. Spray flies high and whips across the platform to where Obi-Wan is standing. He walks over to his Starfighter, looks to see if anyone is watching, then addresses Arfour.

"Arfour." Obi-Wan calls.

The R4-P17, Obi-Wan's Astro-Droid, who is still sitting on top of Obi-Wan's starfighter, switches on and beeps.

"Arfour, relay this, 'scramble code five,' to Coruscant: care of 'the old folks home.'"

"What?" A Padawan asks cluelessly.

"He's speaking in code, idiot." Their seat man insults the boy's idiocy.

"Hey!" They hiss, glaring at them.

Arfour beeps and whistles. The panels light up inside the cockpit. A transmitter disc emerges from the top of the Starfighter and the message is transmitted.

In the Jedi Temple, Yoda sits with Mace Windu. Between the two Jedi, a hologram of Obi-Wan speaks.

"I have successfully made contact with the Prime Minister of Kamino. They are using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create a clone army. I have a strong feeling that this bounty hunter is the assassin we're looking for."

"Do you think these cloners are involved in the plot to assassinate Senator Amidala?" Windu asks.

"No, Master. There appears to be no motive."

"Do not assume anything, Obi-Wan. Clear, your mind must be if you are to discover the real villains behind the plot." Yoda advises.

"Yes, Master. They say a - Master Sifo-Dyas placed the order for a clone army at the request of the Senate almost ten years ago. I was under the impression he was killed before that. Did the Council ever authorise the creation of a clone army?" Obi-Wan asks.

"No. Whoever placed that order did not have the authorization of the Jedi Council." Windu scoffs.

"Into custody, take this Jango Fett. Bring him here. Question him, we will." Yoda orders.

"Yes, Master. I will report back when I have him." Obi-Wan nods then the hologram fades.

"Blind we are, if creation of this clone army we could not see." Yoda sighs.

"I think it is time to inform the Senate that our ability to use the Force has diminished." Windu regretfully informs.

"Only the Dark Lords of the Sith know of our weakness. If informed the Senate is, multiply our adversaries will." Yoda follows in regret and disappointment.