CHAPTER 7

President Sailub had skipped lunch and was taking a long nap.

In the middle of the day, when the house was quiet, I would walk around the living room with my backpack parked in front of the door.

During my stay in the villa, I felt comfortable, but I had never rested peacefully.

It wasn't just because I felt uncomfortable or worried about being caught dressing as a woman.

It was because reality should not be forgotten.

The disease that was spreading throughout my mother's body, and my brother who is as worried as I am.

However, if Alan had known that I was going to leave so soon, he should have closed his eyes and enjoyed this opportunity.

I looked around the villa with regretful eyes.

It's big to think of as a house, but it wasn't that desolate.

The interior was relatively cozy and very nicely decorated. I will not forget the soft sofa on which I lay.

One side of the living room faced the kitchen, and on the other was President Sailub's visit.

I stayed in a room on the second floor with a view of the reservoir below the hill where the villa was located.

There was also a grand piano under the stairs going up.

Come to think of it, I had a question when I first saw it.

Does that grand piano really make a noise?

It would be strange to put something that didn't make noise, but it looked like an existing object as if it were a simple landscape.

Suddenly, I thought of hearing a sound before I left here.

Ding...

Sometimes I liked the sound of the piano enough to listen to it, but I didn't know how to play it.

Jan might have touched a bit. The kids from the seedy neighborhood used to go to piano academies.

Jan used to show off to me and Charlie, saying, "I managed to attend a piano academy for a few days."

I replied, "Yes," but I wasn't really jealous.

Charlie thought it was amazing that Jan was showing off so much, so he told our mother,

"P'Jan's sister is going to a piano academy."

At that time, my mother looked at me and asked, "Jeff, do you want to play the piano?"

Any mother would have wanted her son to do something like that.

It doesn't matter how difficult things are at home.

When I shook my head, my mother thought I was doing it for no reason and recommended it to me once more, saying,

"Wow, our Jeff must be good at playing the piano because he has long fingers."

But I firmly shook my head. Because I knew what the piano was.

So I knew that even if I could play the piano after attending the academy, that would be the end.

I thought it was a skill that would never be used because there would be no piano in my house.

In fact, the scariest thing was that I was so happy to play the piano that I thought it would be hard to give it up.

There was no way I could go to the piano academy for a long time due to the circumstances at home.

The fact that I couldn't play the piano didn't interfere with my life.