CHAPTER 11

The first day he asked my name, Alan ended up not telling President Sailub the truth.

It was okay for him to care about his grandfather, and it didn't matter that it was out of sympathy for me.

He was on my side and that was an advantage.

It was because it was obvious that the longer President Sailub and I stayed close, it would be difficult for Alan to tell the truth.

Even so, I was not easily relieved.

Alan may have postponed the end of the show, but he didn't want to call me Jan even if his life depends on it.

He called me "fake" like I was being mean when he asked my name multiple times and didn't hear give answer.

As if he had no intention of cooperating with me even if I didn't kick him out right away, he used the name "imposter" without hesitation in front of Chairman Sailub.

Fortunately, Chairman Sailub only thought that his so-called grandson was bullying the innocent Jan Aiemkumchai.

I was the only one who calmed my surprised heart like a thief.

To me, Alan was like a ticking time bomb, but that didn't make much difference to my daily life in the village.

We vaguely lived together without being friends or enemies.

Still, my day was uncontrollably relaxed, and Alan passed the time doing something his own way.

Sometimes when we met, we talked to each other like I was a fake, but he never looked for me, saying he was bored.

By then I had gotten used to living there.

In the village there was an old bicycle that had been left by a worker long ago, and you could ride it to a village a little far away.

Most were paddy fields and fields, and they were rural villages with small houses in places, but there was a whole shop with a variety of them.

I used to go downstairs about twice a week because I could spend a lot of time on the road and eat cheap snacks that were hard to see in the village.

That day, I endured a boring time in the morning and took the bike out in the afternoon.

Alan also went out to sprinkled water on the lawn in the garden, although he had nothing to do.

Still, Alan was better than me. He used to go out by car often. He had no excuse to travel to the city because of the "adopted to America at a young age" scenario from what Tony said.

It wasn't a long period anyway, so there was nothing he couldn't handle.

Alan looked at me as if hearing the rattle of an old bicycle.

"Where are you going?"

"Excuse me, I'm going to the neighborhood below."

"Riding that?"

It was rusty in places, but it wasn't something you couldn't ride on.

When I nodded, Alan looked me up and down and asked again.

"With those clothes?"

Is there a problem with my clothes? I took a look at my outfit. It's just a long dress and cardigan similar to my usual style.

"What?"

"Are you shooting a sports drink commercial? Dangerously".

It was certainly inconvenient to ride a bike in a long skirt. But there was no other way.