CHAPTER 10

How many people were waiting for Kenta and Alan in front of the hospital, if they had contacted them beforehand.

People in robes tried to help Alan as if he couldn't control himself.

And someone took care of parking the car for Kenta.

I could see why P'Ping treated them special, calling them real real bastards for no reason.

This was possible and natural for people around midnight.

I couldn't leave anyone hurt because of me, so I chased after them.

Alan was sent to a clinic and sat on a chair facing the corridor.

Kenta was busy talking to the people at the hospital.

I listened because I thought it was Alan's status that the most are here, but most of them were just people who came to greet the son of the group leader.

Kenta came over and sat next to me, as if he had finished his business for a long time.

"Jeff, you should get checked out too."

"I'm fine. It doesn't matter."

"It's because Alan is worried."

In the midst of all this, I still have many concerns. Alan seemed to have changed and not changed.

"I'm really fine."

"Then tell me later if you feel uncomfortable."

Kenta also gave in to see if he could afford to persuade me. I also nodded at that time.

Normally it was normal for others to worry. It was strange to save others by going overboard like Alan.

While Alan was receiving treatment, Kenta did as he was told. The priority was me, and the second was the car that was racing down the alley.

Alan recited the number as he got out of the car. He thought the driver was driving drunk so he ordered it right away.

At the time when it was easy to solve the problem with a call, several doctors came to Kenta.

At first glance, it seemed that this time he was talking about Alan's condition.

After speaking, Kenta sat down next to me again.

"I think he hurt his bone."

Kenta patted my arm and added, "I think this hurts."

I rolled away from the car at most, but I hurt myself more than I thought.

No, I'm glad I didn't get hit. I didn't even want to imagine being run over by a roaring car.

I hesitated a bit, and then immediately broached a curious subject.

"I've heard before that he's been in a big accident.... Oh, I'm afraid his injury will get worsen."

What does it mean to have no memory?

"Nothing's wrong. I dont believe he had any sequels, except that he lost his memory."

Unfortunately, Kenta answered what was necessary and then fell silent.

Should I ask him more?

No, it's also strange to ask more trivia questions.

As he hesitated, there was an awkward silence in the hallway.

Kenta stared into space and smiled at what he thought to himself.

"At that time, I was studying in the United States with him, and one day he went back to Thailand. I met him a long time later and he told me that he had had an accident and that he did not remember anything. He was definitely in the United States, but when he woke up, he was in Thailand."

Just like in the car earlier, Kenta said as if his friend's jaw dropped no matter how much he thought about it. I wanted to say, does it make sense that the guy who went back to Thailand in such a hurry doesn't even remember why he did it?

I pretended to laugh together with Kenta. As the atmosphere calmed down a bit, he continued a bit longer.

"Well, he said it was because he was surprised when his grandfather passed away. Oh, Alan was very close to his grandfather."

The big frame of Kenta's story was the way he knew.

He return home, his grandfather's death, his accident...

It was unknown whether Jan's existence disappeared with memory or he just fell over because Jan was weightless.

Kenta continued.

"Maybe it's because he hurt his head, I think he's changed a bit since then, but I don't know what caused it. Before he was much brighter than now."

Kenta smiled, making a small gap between his thumb and forefinger.

I think it was much brighter.

But I just nodded and pretended i understood what he was saying.

I remembered the faces of Alan that I had seen since the reunion. "Alan doesn't remember Jan. He was only aware of me because I looked like his ex-girlfriend", and the family I assembled at my convenience matched Alan's expression like a piece of puzzle.

He doesn't recognize me unless there is a big mistake in this idea.

Even Jan's existence and the feelings he had may have been forgotten.

When I came to a conclusion, my heart finally calmed down as if it had found its place.

The door was suddenly opened and Alan came out with a cast on his left arm.

Kenta jumped up as if he had been waiting.

"Is it a cast after all? You're going to have a rough time for it."

Alan also glanced at my arm once, thinking it was troublesome.

"Jeff Thanapon."

"He says it's okay".

As agreed beforehand, Kenta said as if confirmed by the doctor's mouth.

Now it was my turn to say hello.

I was really grateful.

If today I had been hit by a car, not only my life, but also my brother's, would no longer have been peaceful.

"Thank you for saving me."

Alan stared at me and clearly said, " As long as you are safe."

"I would like to thank you".

Kenta let out a small laugh from behind at the thanks.

I knew it didn't make sense. Even if I saved money and give it to him, it will be a dime.

"Jeff, you don't have to do that. That guy...."

"I will take it."

"Really?"

Kenta said as if he was Alan's spokesperson, but Alan cut his words short and gave me his mobile phone.

"Write, your number."

It was also weird, not giving a number when I said I would give a reward.

When I entered my phone number and handed it back to him, Alan pressed the call button, checked that my phone was ringing, and put it in his arms.

"Your number, I have it as a reward."

"What?"

The price of an arm is, at most, a number? Tony was going to cry.

"You're not going to write a bad check, are you? Get in touch."

Alan asked with a strangely satisfied look. I thought the puzzle was well solved, but it wasn't. It was a mess because the center was completely empty in the middle.

***