ᡣ𐭩 | one

Point of View¦C

Point of View¦C. Sumera

"Aries...?"

"Aries...?" My mom repeated. "Who's that guy? Is he your friend, or have you set up a secret date here? I promise," she winked. "I won't tell your dad."

"Mom," I replied. "I... just thought I saw him. Oh, nevermind that, let's buy something to eat!" I exclaimed, letting out a small chuckle despite the heavy weight of the atmosphere. I can feel it stacked on my shoulders, but I tried to not mind.

"Come on..." she grumbled. "I wouldn't tell your dad... except when he asked."

Dad arrived out of nowhere after parking the car, immediately putting his arm on my shoulders. "What are you two talking about, huh?" he interrogated. Yes, I did use the right word because he sound like a cop asking a criminal for an interview. "Who's the lucky guy?"

I just pouted at him.

As we walked around, I couldn't help but wonder if that was really him. What's more, I also felt a strange feeling when his name slid out of my tongue. It tastes so sweet.

But, worst of all, why do I feel such... excitement and longing? Not like I wanted to see that person ever again, because he's just so annoying. I don't want his accompaniment. In spite of all that, I still feel like I really needed him.

"Hey," I felt a pull on my arm. "Escalator." Mom was walking crazy fast, basically dragging me on the way. How can she do all that while wearing high heels?

"Salad for dinner?" she asked. Well, I didn't hear it because of processing too much thingamajigs in my mind. "Calvin. You look like you could use a nap. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, Mom," I murmured, ruffling my own hair. "Just got bothered earlier."

"Oh, okay," she rolled her eyes. "For dinner, we're eating salad, just because I said so. Then, we'll buy everything you need in school, then we'll buy you a new wristwatch."

"Eugh," Dad retorted. "Salad again? We've been eating salad four times a week. We might as well eat grass."

"Enough with the onomatopoeia," I bantered. "And Dad, if you want to eat grass, you might as well want to be a cow and have their stomach. We can't digest grass!"

"Calvin," he patted my back. "Do you know that sarcasm exists? And, well... you can blame your mother for wanting to get thin..."

"...ner." She abruptly added, giving Dad a furious glare. "Excuse me, Mister, I'm already thin." She made an exaggerated akimbo pose. While riding an escalator. In high heels.

"Mom!" I exclaimed, assisting her. "You might fall down! What do you think are you doing?" I pouted at them.

She just chuckled. "It seems that your father has forgotten that," she pulled out a hand fan from her bag and waved it at herself like a royal princess. "He married this beautiful woman you're facing. The sexiness, magnificence and elegance of mine."